Quote Originally Posted by Krisbee View Post
Thanks to those for mentioning the blackberry playback, which was not on my radar. I'm not sure this would have the software base I want.
What is the software base you want and how are you judging it?

When you read the hype, of course you might see 700,000 apps v 50,000 and think that therefore the first is going to be much better.

If you want the tablet to perform 3 functions then logically you only need 3 apps available for that platform as long as they are the 3 you need.

A higher proportion of apps for the more popular platforms are dross - why bother making dross that relies on very high volume at low cost on the smaller platforms?

Anyway Android apps are easily moved over to the Playbook either by yourself or already by the developer.

I'd suggest the Playbook simply because, if you look at the cost of hardware and OS design, it is at the higher end in the realms of iPads etc whilst having been heavily discounted. i.e it is much better value than those which were priced at the cheaper end from the outset (remember that the Playbook was originally £450 or so).

You can't even get an iPad 2 (which is older) for cheaper secondhand than you can the Playbook brand new.. and personally I find the iPad extremely annoying in comparison (can't even multi-task browser tabs! The iPad has to reload a tab each time you flip between them ...so frustrating).

And the Playbook sounds the best. A no-brainer IMO.