+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: I just passed a Bosé showroom and ....

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

They do - their ears tell them the Bose has a "nice tone" and is small enough to all but hide away.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Graeme.

I just passed the Bosé showroom and saw a Rega Brio-R (this is actually true by the way) for £498... however mine cost £375 so, I guess, a pint is in order
    I can whistle with my fingers, especially if I have a whistle.

I'm Geoff.

I suppose Bose stuff is the equivalent of the old Dynatron music centres of years ago. It satisfies the undemanding public at large, they think they've got something good and it meets their needs. No skin off our noses really!

(although, if somebody brought something like that into my house, I'd be inclined to have a bonfire)
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

The Dynatrons and Hackers of old were pretty good actually. The better Dynatrons with GL75's or 78's on board were rather good with vinyl and a clean low cost CD player (Dad used a basic NAD with his). Into Heybrook HB2's the sound was lovely I thought and highly involving...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    The Dynatrons and Hackers of old were pretty good actually. The better Dynatrons with GL75's or 78's on board were rather good with vinyl and a clean low cost CD player (Dad used a basic NAD with his). Into Heybrook HB2's the sound was lovely I thought and highly involving...
    Yes, I remember stripping Dynatron units and speakers for parts and they were well made.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567