+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost in OZ

I'm Paul.

My wife reminds me of that fact everyday.

I'm Paul.

There are 2 or three s/s amplifier companies based in Melbourne..Redgum Audio & Burson Audio that have been around for sometime . I think there a few speaker companies but none that really stand out. There is a company making some very expensive turntables as in the 6 figure price bracket. I think there is a good mix of UK and US made gear available here and some Australian owned Chinese made tube amps by a company called Melody Audio. The prices here for the most part are shocking as some import companies are really marking things up. The cost of living here is some of the highest in the world and the prices of most consumer goods are much higher then the UK or US.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie1 View Post
    There are 2 or three s/s amplifier companies based in Melbourne..Redgum Audio & Burson Audio that have been around for sometime . I think there a few speaker companies but none that really stand out. There is a company making some very expensive turntables as in the 6 figure price bracket. I think there is a good mix of UK and US made gear available here and some Australian owned Chinese made tube amps by a company called Melody Audio. The prices here for the most part are shocking as some import companies are really marking things up. The cost of living here is some of the highest in the world and the prices of most consumer goods are much higher then the UK or US.
    Ooh! Redgum Audio - one of my favourite Aussie bands, now long defunct, was called 'Redgum'. Described to me by another Aussie as "the thinking man's rock group". Very political and very left-wing!

Thanks for the insight into the Aussie audio scene.
    Barry

I'm Paul.

Just received my Croft integrated R a few day's ago and me thinks there is something a little special the way it is making music with my Devore speakers.

I'm martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie1 View Post
    Just received my Croft integrated R a few day's ago and me thinks there is something a little special the way it is making music with my Devore speakers.
    That'll be be a good reason to open a brew and sit back for while, welcome BTW.
    Please take good care of your S2k keep it by your side for long and enjoy it from the bottom of your heart and share the quality and legacy of the S2k with many friends so that the legend of the S2k will continue for long. Shigeru Uehara Designer Honda S2000.

I'm Paul.

Has anybody listened to any music from a label called stockfish and could they recommend any of their recordings.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12