+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steve's current turntable journey

I'm ILOB.

Good to see you on the way to getting the Terminator if you need a hand with the set up let me know Steve; its quite easy once you get used to it and Vic site explains it really well
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Steve.

Default Now some pics

Firstly the OL modded arm and OL Rega board. (click on the pics for bigger linked pics & even bigger if you click the +)

Next up the pretty lights.

Finally da 'Pods'

Still no 33 PTG boo hoo
    Last edited by Magna Audio; 07-04-2009 at 21:53.
    System: Turntable : SP10 MKII slate plinth, Custom Ebony tonearm board, Arm : Fidelity Research FR64s, Cartridge : SPU Royal N. SUT : Lundahl 1:13. Phonostage : Icon Audio, Streaming RPi/Kali reclocker -> I2S -> DSP XO / Pre / 4 DAC's : WAF Najda, 5 Poweramps : 3 x EL84 SET's, 2 x D class amps on bass channels, Speakers : 5 way front loaded horn system: 2 X Tapped sub 15" LF drivers / 2 X Exponential mid bass 15" drivers / Tractrix 200Hz mid horns with JBL2482's, / Tractrix 550Hz upper wooden horns with factory refurb'd Vitavox S2's / Raal Lazy Ribbons as high frequency tweeters. Wires: good silver or good copper where best suited. DIY RCM.

Maker of tonearm boards, armpods, Tannoy GRF style speaker cabinets, horn speakers, counterweights and more.
    For more information about my creations and products please click below

http://fosworld.wixsite.com/magna-audio & on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/magna_audio/

I'm Peter.

Steve,

Your feets is tits upwards ?
    Intel NUC/Chevron Audio NDF16 dac/Amptastic Mini-1/Audium Comp 5
    Mains Block: Custom-HiFi-Cables PowerBlack Distribution Block (with super conditioner).
    Connected with Reference Fidelity Components Super Neptunes and Speaker Cables.
    Powered by Custom-HiFi-Cables DC2 psus

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Stockwell View Post
    Steve,

Your feets is tits upwards ?
    Yes indeed! he base of the Foculpods are a tad to big to sit nicely in the round moulding for the orinigal feet - not good for deck leveling . Next best thing was upside down.
    System: Turntable : SP10 MKII slate plinth, Custom Ebony tonearm board, Arm : Fidelity Research FR64s, Cartridge : SPU Royal N. SUT : Lundahl 1:13. Phonostage : Icon Audio, Streaming RPi/Kali reclocker -> I2S -> DSP XO / Pre / 4 DAC's : WAF Najda, 5 Poweramps : 3 x EL84 SET's, 2 x D class amps on bass channels, Speakers : 5 way front loaded horn system: 2 X Tapped sub 15" LF drivers / 2 X Exponential mid bass 15" drivers / Tractrix 200Hz mid horns with JBL2482's, / Tractrix 550Hz upper wooden horns with factory refurb'd Vitavox S2's / Raal Lazy Ribbons as high frequency tweeters. Wires: good silver or good copper where best suited. DIY RCM.

Maker of tonearm boards, armpods, Tannoy GRF style speaker cabinets, horn speakers, counterweights and more.

http://fosworld.wixsite.com/magna-audio & on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/magna_audio/

I'm Steve.

Default At last the AT 33PTG arrived

There I was getting resigned to not have it for the Easter break and Parcel Force letter arrives. Please pay up the to Customs and Rev... Good job I took the day off to do stuff

Boogie on down to the depot and pic it up.

First the box all the way from the land of the rising sun. Should be happy with the SL-1210 and the Dynavector P75 then...

The mounting in the box is functional and not over bling - hate it when too much money goes on the box etc unless it's for presentation / looking at. This baby is for listening to.

Ok mount her up - Balance, VTA etc etc. Quite a bit lighter than the Sumiko that is 9g - this is 6.7g.
    Bolts are gold coloured to match the rest. Either too long or two short though.

Set the P75 phono amp to Phono enhancer/current amp mode. I've read all about how this setting really sings and how the 33PTG is very compatible with this.

Here's how she looks.

Only on the third side as I write this and sounding great. Just the sort of balance, powerful, deep, authoritative, detailed blah blah blah sound I wanted.
    What will it be like once run in?
    Oh yeah and there's enough gain for me too.

Great vinyl Easter weekend ahead.

I'm ILOB.

Great to hear think it should be sounding really sweet now
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Neil.

Very nice looking cart. Glad it arrived okay. Bummer about customs and vat.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm InSpace.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy.steve View Post
    There I was getting resigned to not have it for the Easter break and Parcel Force letter arrives. Please pay up the to Customs and Rev... Good job I took the day off to do stuff
    Unlucky! I got away with it when mine arrived.

What loading are you using?
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

I'm Steve.

I set it to the recommended 1.8g - have you a recommendation?

It really is a good sound. All round but for instance I noticed the bass transients have very good attack and stop on the dot when they should - I like a nice bit of bass.
    When I think how my earlier systems just muddled it up and it was something there clomping about without sounding like an instrument really - This was pre valve, hopeless small drivers in narrow towers, pre TVC, pre Ubyte-2 cable, pre DPA dac and of course pre Technics SL-1210 and latest addition 33PTG.
    The best bit is the system of old cost more than this system. Looked more bling and WAF but it's all about the sound...

Time to squeeze in some Stax listening...

Shagtastic baby
    Paul

My Stezza
    TT=NAS Spacedeck,Ortofon RS309,Ortofon Jubilee,HEED Orbit. AMP=World Designs PreIII & PhonoIII,Eastern Electric M520. SPEAKERS=Audio Physic Tempo V. CD=Meridian 206,Monarchy DIP,Audio Note DAC Zero.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast