+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CD Player to partner Rega Dac?

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Oh, I think an Apollo R is worth another shout - er - shill, don't you?
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

synsei Guest

Not shilling, like everyone else since the early 70's I have been using decimal currency Anyhoo, if an Apollo or any other Rega player outperforms the CD72 then I would consider a change. Likewise the Cyrus transport mentioned above.

I'm Andrew.

I use a Cambridge Audio Discmagic transport. They come up for auction occasionally at a reasonable price. I've changed the LED in the display (what a job that was!) from green to red to match the Rega amp and DAC.

I'm Andrew.

I'm Nuno.

Iīm using a Cambridge 340 C as a transport. I tryed a Sony DVD and there was not much differences. The Rega reclocks the incoming data, so jitter is not a problem anymore.I never tryed a fancy transport with the Dac, so I canīt tell you much more about the Apollo R as a transport. My Rega dealer says thatīs much better than other transports, but as a Rega dealer, he wants to make a sale!If I could afford, I would buy the Cyrus transport, because is dedicated!
    Last edited by nbaptista; 10-03-2013 at 18:27.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

I have a friend who is using a Meridian 506.20 with the Rega Dac, which he has just purchased, and the sound is amazing, a real step up from using the Meridian alone

I also have a Meridian 506.20 and they really are a super cd player for not too much money. If you can get hold of either the 506.20 or later 506.24 then I would highly recommend them

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Good solid casework too - and I'm sure this helps?
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Bernie.

Thanks Guys,
    Food for thought there!
    Bernie

I'm Hugo.

Clearly the best transport in this case is my Lyngdorf CD-1 which happens to be for sale

I'm Neil.

I would strongly recommend something like a Pioneer DV-717 or DV-737. I prefer non-reclocking DACs (more natural to me), and this does mean that transports are particularly important to my setup. I have used various generic DVD players, old Philips swingarm transports, Pioneer Stable Platter etc. & the 90s Pioneer players are the best to these ears. They are unusual in that they read CDs as DATA disks, buffer them into memory & re-read on error instead of applying error correction. This isn't supposed to be audible, but then differences between cables aren't either. Jerry (JANDL100) was suitably impressed by his too. Best thing is these were Ģ650+ in the 90s, and can now be picked up for under Ģ50.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12