+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: electricbeach audio

I'm scott.

all the best in the future steve , products look very nice indeed
    step up from the usual AV reciever systems found in the high street

safe link for the 5.1 AV/Sacd amplifier if enjoythemusic link has a virus warning

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/dared4/dared.html

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by daytona600 View Post
    step up from the usual AV reciever systems found in the high street
    Just a little bit

I'm surprised at how many people are telling me they bought the obligatory 'surround sound' with or for their new flatscreen and now it sits unused. You know more than most Scott, just how addictive and involving single driver horn speakers are for viewing.

However, the most satisfying thing for me is that my original idea, thought, whatever, has proved correct in practice. Sound for the TV is given purchasing priority; there's the impressive and dramatic demo in the shop, but many TVs don't have any budget put into their internal sound now, as it's expected that people will add a surround sound system. My Philips 50" plasma sound is quite unusable.

Trying to verbally convince someone of the pleasure and fascination of a decent music system is received as evangelical and obsessive. But when I've placed a system with someone claiming to have little interest in the music replay potential, it's exactly that side which blows them away. When they start asking me to recommend artists or albums with good recording quality that they can get - well, they're hooked.
    Steve & Valerie

www.electricbeachaudio.com

If you think you know the answer already, you're not really searching

A plastic box, some glass bottles, two metal tins and some lengths of string

I'm Jerry.

No hdmi?
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Good luck with the new venture Steve - doff my cap to anyone who "gets on their bike" as it were.
    Thanks Alex.

Needs must when the Devil farts in your kettle (Rowan)
    Steve & Valerie

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    No hdmi?
    Don't hit you?
    Steve & Valerie

I'm Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by electric beach View Post
    Don't hit you?
    Sorry, don't understand that.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Steve.

My apologies Jerry, just my silly southern humour. I heard a Scottish accent saying no-hd-mi / no-hit-me. I'll stay off the coffee a bit

Seriously, fair point. You do need analogue outputs from a source. There are HDMI convertors available but players like the latest Oppo, which I use, are an absolute perfect partner for a minimalist, high performance 'entertainment hub'.

I guess Dared have focussed on maximising sound quality by drawing the line at Audio Only. It seems to have worked
    Steve & Valerie

I'm scott.

most decent bluray/dvd players like oppo/marantz have 5.1 analogue outs , just feed these directly into the AV amp

I'm gone.

I've only just seen this thread!

Best of luck, Steve - a very interesting approach, I reckon.

The website looks good - but I must admit that I find some of the text a bit small, I kind of have to peer at it to read it properly. It's a bit of a strain on my standard laptop screen, might be worth thinking about increasing the font size on the smaller text?

I'm Spartacus.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    I've only just seen this thread!
    Me too. I have a soft spot for efficient speakers. Am I the only one who can't locate details of this speaker? Sensitivity, load, frequency response, dimensions...?
    Cheers, Jeff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast