+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there anything better than Spotify Premium?

MartinT Guest

It is good, as you say Dave. However, the streaming process does sometimes glitch on buffering and reveals itself as occasional tiny low level ticks. I can hear this quite clearly with my near-field PC setup and Caiman DAC with Spotify set to high quality. Playing the same music from a local file gives no ticks.

I can't wait for BT Infinity to arrive in June, then I can upgrade from this fairly pants 4.5Mbps ADSL connection I have to, apparently, 76Mbps.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Those drop-outs are annoying Martin, at my old place I used to get around 6Mbps and it was fine on 192, but every now and again it would stutter at 320 on Premium. My new gaff is nearer the exchange and I now get between 15 - 19Mbps and even on Premium is never misses a beat. I love Spotify and use it a lot - the downside is I buy far more music, but hey you only live once

Premium sounds really good through my near-field system;
    (Win7 PC > HRT Streamer II+ > Amptastic Mini-T > Celestion 5)
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

MartinT Guest

Ah, good to have it confirmed, Tim. Sometimes I think I'm hearing things but this new setup is very revealing. I agree that Spotify Premium is excellent and I'm beginning to use it more and more while I'm working (at work, too, when I have the office to myself).

synsei Guest

We get on average around 15mbps on Virgin and I've never had any buffering issues with Unlimited. When funds allow I will upgrade to Premium but I am very happy with what I have just now

MartinT Guest

Without Premium, Dave, you're unlikely to push the streaming buffers anyway. I only hear the occasional tick with 'High quality' selected.

synsei Guest

What I really like about Spotify, especially when used in conjunction with AoS, is that I have been introduced to music and artists I would probably have passed by, more likely than not. It is also responsible for a substantial increase in my music buying habits

MartinT Guest

Ditto!

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    It is also responsible for a substantial increase in my music buying habits
    Me too, I love it.

Spotify and Amazon, what's not to like
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by daytona600 View Post
    try www.qobuz.com
    hifi option/studio masters is All 16bit/44khz flac about 23quid a month , with no adverts
    you can buy studiomasters up to 24/192 , not mytek dsd-pwm converted sacds like the con men at hdtracks ,
    use qobuz on my astell kern portable & my desktop with a mytek & my big rig with a valve Nos Dac
    mp3/192/320kps on spotify if correctly mastered can sound superb on a good Dac , my mytek 192 sounds great with spotify or even youtube

lots more www.dreamstreaming.info & free ones see downloads on my website
    Uhm...
    did no-one notice this?

It streams like Spotify, but Flac!
    Wee bit more expensive mind...

I'm Marc.

Bandcamp - FLACs for download (many free or 'honestypot' contribution) also people doing deals like 'buy the album, get an immediate download and we'll post you the cd / vinyl' so you don't have to rip it yourself and you can get the best of both worlds (put the FLAC on your streaming server for when you're out and about and the vinyl on your deck when you've a nice bottle of red open ;-))

Of course I'd be remiss not to mention that you can download material from my own band here too www.theponycollaboration.bandcamp.com ;-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast