+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there anything better than Spotify Premium?

I'm James.

Default Is there anything better than Spotify Premium?

I find myself listening to Spotify Premium which I enjoy very much. I'm sure I have read somewhere that Spotify offers a higher quality sound than the premium.....Is this true? Or is there a way I can make Spotify sound better than it already does?
    Thanks

synsei Guest

I use Unlimited James and I am constantly surprised at how good it can sound at the fairly low bitrate, which I think is 192kbps. Premium is yer top whack with Spotify I believe...

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    I use Unlimited James and I am constantly surprised at how good it can sound at the fairly low bitrate, which I think is 192kbps. Premium is yer top whack with Spotify I believe...
    What do you mean by unlimmited?
    Cheers

synsei Guest

There are three levels on Spotify: Free (with ads), Unlimited 192kbps (£4.99pcm) and Premium 320kbps (£9.99pcm)

I'm not sure whether the bitrate figures are correct btw

I'm Keith.

There is a 'high quality audio' option in preferences. I don't honestly know what it does though.
    Keith.
    Cessaro Horn Acoutics,David Wright ,Mola-Mola , Weiss MAN301,Dynavector XV1- Manger Loudspeakers Grimm Audio LS1,worlds best sounding loudspeaker.
    Mini DSP digital signal processing.
    www.puriteaudio.co.uk

I'm ChrisB.

Dave, your figures are correct and the high quality option enables 320 if are eligible.

I'm scott.

try www.qobuz.com
    hifi option/studio masters is All 16bit/44khz flac about 23quid a month , with no adverts
    you can buy studiomasters up to 24/192 , not mytek dsd-pwm converted sacds like the con men at hdtracks ,
    use qobuz on my astell kern portable & my desktop with a mytek & my big rig with a valve Nos Dac
    mp3/192/320kps on spotify if correctly mastered can sound superb on a good Dac , my mytek 192 sounds great with spotify or even youtube

lots more www.dreamstreaming.info & free ones see downloads on my website
    Last edited by daytona600; 03-03-2013 at 21:29.

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Dave, your figures are correct and the high quality option enables 320 if are eligible.
    By being eligible I presume you mean if I stump up an extra fiver a month Chris

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by purite audio View Post
    There is a 'high quality audio' option in preferences.
    Strictly speaking, it's 'High quality streaming'. It's in the Premium edition and offers the higher bitrate when available. Unfortunately, there is no visual indication of what bitrate you are listening to.

synsei Guest

Even at 192kbps I am often surprised by the quality of the output. I was listening to Janis Ian Live earlier and the recording and presentation were so very good that it was like being at the concert. The resolution is certainly high enough to tell a poorly produced and recorded album from a decent one

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast