+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: As if it never happened?

I'm Nat-andthat'swhyIdrink.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothchild View Post
    Where (why?) did the FLAC comparison thread / poll go?
    The guy who posted it up says in his Welcome forum thread that one was .flac and one was a .wav but given the .flac extension (on the assumption that the player would distinguish the different playback because of the file header embedded in the file).

He's not yet said which was which.... I'm wanting to know ! Really wasn't much in it if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by nat8808 View Post
    Just realised what you're saying, that the self-policing, the worried about getting blame for poor performance, of those running the website is the problem here.

Forums like Gearslutz have many A/B surveys of self-made content on without seemingly suffering for it, A/Bs of real plate reverb v artificial etc.
    Sort of. It's not so much self-policing, as self-invention that's the root cause of the confusion. As in, instead of using an open source off the shelf CMS engine like Joomla! and spending a few grand making it look unique, our transatlantic counterparts wrote their own proprietary CMS engine and spent hundreds of thousands making it look identical to WordPress sites!

I'm Marc.

How come you didn't just delete the links to the offending material and leave the thread intact to see where the vote and commentary had got to?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12