+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next upgrade. Nice electricity

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by isuckedmandelsonslemons View Post
    OPTION B: Buy a Power Inspired AG1500 mains regenerator and run an eight socket block from it.

I got one a year or so ago.
    Very very pleased.
    I had a PS Audio Power Plant Premiere (PPP) at the time, but the Power Inspired guys were offering a great deal on the AG1500 on the Wigwam forum, so I thought I'd give it a try. I do like to try different things!

Well -- the specs on the PS Audio gear look better, but in terms of the sonics it unleashed from my gear, the AG1500 punted the PPP into the long grass. I was surprised, no, amazed!

Still very happy with mine.

MartinT Guest

If you haven't changed your sockets to unswitched, that's the first thing to do. Better still, put a decent silver unswitched double in (such as an EPS-100) if you can.

The next stage: P10. 'nuff said.

I'm Harry.

Default Next upgrade. Nice electricity

Jerry, that's interesting.

Martin, I fitted eight single unswitched sockets last year.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by isuckedmandelsonslemons View Post
    Martin, I fitted eight single unswitched sockets last year.
    ... and ... ?

Was it a worthwhile improvement?

I'm Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    ... and ... ?

Was it a worthwhile improvement?
    Yes, definitely.

I'm James.

Hi mate.
    There is a chap who doesn't post on forums any more but his name is Roy K Riches, he was on PFM a lot. He is one of those chaps who is very passionate and somewhat extreme, he is one of the main authorities on mains effects and installations relating to hifi performance. A lot of what he preached is followed today and by reading some previous threads there are quite a few who have their mains installed in a similar way to his suggestions.
    I have some 60 odd pages of his research I can email to you, but it would be a lot easier just to follow some of the conclusions myself and others have drawn.
    Roy K Riches is a thoroughly decent chap and if your in Kent he will probably even pay you a visit.

I'm Harry.

Thanks James. Much appreciated. Ill try to find those threads. Sadly, I couldn't be much further away from Kent.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    If you haven't changed your sockets to unswitched, that's the first thing to do. Better still, put a decent silver unswitched double in (such as an EPS-100) if you can.

The next stage: P10. 'nuff said.
    If he is going to power things from a P10 soon what will be the point of changing his existing sockets, they wont be used any more? Or am I missing something

MartinT Guest

He will still need one good one, and an excellent input power cable. The P10 is sensitive to its power feed so to get the best from it I recommend a silver socket and MCRU Ultimate power cable.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    He will still need one good one, and an excellent input power cable. The P10 is sensitive to its power feed so to get the best from it I recommend a silver socket and MCRU Ultimate power cable.
    P10 is sensitive to its power feed - how ironic and the need for a super mains cable too. What on earth goes down the pan if you use a std socket and keetle lead? I always feel uneasey with tempramental kit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast