+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Topping TP-60 - TA-2022

I'm Rob.

Default Topping TP-60 - TA-2022

Hi, I used to have a Trends TA10.1 a while back and was mighty impressed by it, i'm thinking about trying a 't-amp' again when this rather powerful and seemingly nicely built Topping TP-60 caught my eye. It's rather more expensive than the 25watt 50 quid type....

Is it worth it?

Has anyone played with or heard one?

Any comments gratefully received!

Cheers,

Rob.

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by freefallrob View Post
    Hi, I used to have a Trends TA10.1 a while back and was mighty impressed by it, i'm thinking about trying a 't-amp' again when this rather powerful and seemingly nicely built Topping TP-60 caught my eye. It's rather more expensive than the 25watt 50 quid type....

Is it worth it?

Has anyone played with or heard one?

Any comments gratefully received!

Cheers,

Rob.
    Believe it has been well recieved generally Rob, plus a bit of muscle with nice bass control, though a bit darker sounding than the 2020 chip.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Rob.

Many thanks for your reply and PM Andy

I'm ILOB.

Its quite nice does not have the magic of the mini t but a lot more grunt
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

+ Reply to Thread