+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Food industry fights back with new ready meals:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    It's just that it's illegal to sell it and call it beef. It's also illegal to sell it in the UK for human consumption.
    Apart from that, there's nothing wrong with horse meat - it's very tasty, low in fat, low in cholesterol, sweet flavoured too.......a bit like cat.
    I don't believe it - cat is supposed to taste like chicken.
    Barry

I'm ChrisB.

!!
    Yes, but according to the myth, everything you've never tasted tastes just like chicken!

I've never (knowingly) eaten cat, so I wouldn't have a clue.
    However, I have eaten horse & I found it to be just like beef, except sweeter and perhaps a little lighter.
    But (not joking now) the best meat I've ever eaten was zebra.

synsei Guest

I would have no problem trying horsemeat, I eat meat from other animals after all. Zebra eh? I'm game...

It's only what I have heard, never having eaten either cat or dog (the latter of which is supposed to taste like lamb).

I haven't eaten horse but would do so if offered.

Not sure if I have ever eaten zebra; I have eaten a lot of odd things, probably the best meat I've eaten, apart from venison, is ostridge and wild boar.

I could tell you the worse meat I've eaten, but perhaps we shouldn't go there.
    Barry

I'm ChrisB.

Well, if you can eat the average British sausage, or most pork pies, not to mention 99% of so called 'ready meals' I reckon you could eat almost any kind of crap served up to you.

In which case a decent horse or zebra steak, should come as some kind of gastronomic orgasm!

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Well, if you can eat the average British sausage, or most pork pies, not to mention 99% of so called 'ready meals' I reckon you could eat almost any kind of crap served up to you.

In which case a decent horse or zebra steak, should come as some kind of gastronomic orgasm!
    I think you have misunderstood me Chris - I have no ethical or gastronomic objections to eating either horse or zebra. In fact when presented with the opportunity, I'll have a go at most things: water buffalo; wildebeest; camel, snake ....

And the worse meat I have eaten was tortoise ..... yeuck!

The sausages I occasionally buy are wild boar sausages made by my local butcher.
    Barry

I'm ChrisB.

Actually it was more of a general observation and not directed at you Barry. We were both typing at same time and you finished first!

I'm mike.

Horse, no problem. But I'll die a happy man if I never have to eat LLama again!
    'If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you obviously don't fully understand the situation!'

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    And the worse meat I have eaten was tortoise ..... yeuck!
    Strange, when a shipload of big tortoises was on its way to England from a Galapagos Islands expedition (Darwin I believe) a couple of hundred years ago, the tortoises never made it back here as they were found to be delicious to eat!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I don't believe it - cat is supposed to taste like chicken.
    No, it's frogs legs that taste like chicken!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast