+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brighter speaker cable? Terminations?

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingdong View Post
    Either clean the ends with contact cleaner or strip a fresh bit.

Tbh I would suggest you demo another amp to go with your LV's. The few pairs I have heard have sounded superb. Especially the pair on the end of a few hundred grands worth of Kondo. Funny that.
    Mmm...
    M. Mr Scott (of LV fame) actually recommends my amp with the LVs. In fact he says he prefers it to the modern incarnation (A21SE).

I may instead have the amp serviced by Sugdens.

Thanks; I'll certainly use the IPA.

One thing I did notice when looking at the Chord cables I have at present is that I have them 'the wrong way round'(!) according to the Chord website. Now I've always treated such claims with heavy scepticism (electrons only being capable of travelling in one direction of course...).

...But it wouldn't harm me to try would it...?

BW

Richard

I'm Mark.

While you are at it give all your connectors a clean. You may be surprised.
    Mark

I'm Neil.

While you are at it give all your connectors a clean. You may be surprised.
    Yes there's a reason Naim say not to use Deoxit or anything, and instead to plug and unplug everything 10x or so...

I do very firmly believe that a lot of cable myth stems from the action of unplugging and plugging a new item in, but still they make a difference to my ears.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Mark.

Never heard the plugging/unplugging thing before. Wonder what they claim it does that cleaning doesn't do?
    Mark

I'm Neil.

Never heard the plugging/unplugging thing before. Wonder what they claim it does that cleaning doesn't do?
    It will have a cleaning effect on the contacts, and when I think about Naim's stance I don't see either how something in transparent liquid form like Deoxit can be more conductive than a clean metal-to-metal connection.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Mark.

I'll stick with my cleaning fluid.

Is there an optimum number of times that you have to unplug and plug them back in?
    Mark

I'm Neil.

I'll stick with my cleaning fluid.

Is there an optimum number of times that you have to unplug and plug them back in?
    Using cleaning fluid is a good call, but Deoxit & commonly used 'contact enhancers' do coat the metal. It must make sense that plugging things in and out over and over again is going to scrape the oxides off the contact area right?!

I'm Mark.

I don't use contact enhancers. I just clean them.
    Mark

I'm Richard.

Ok chaps,
    I've tried for the Belkins - but it seems as if they are as rare as hens' teeth.
    I've tried to order the Van Dammes from MG - but no reply yet.

Suppliers of the other recommended ones seem to be on holiday.

Ho Hum...

Richard.
    My Gear:
    Source component/s:
    Cambridge CXC Cd player; Inspire Apollo deck + Roksan Nima arm + Ortofon 2M Black; Denon TU-580RD tuner; Logitech Squeezebox Touch. Rpi with Volumio. RME DAC.

Amplification: WD KEL84+ valve amp; Rega Brio, Quad 306 (DADA modded, - in reserve)). Trichord Dino2 & Dino+ PS;

Wiim mini, Wiim Pro, Wiim ProPlus streamers

Loudspeakers:
    Living Voice Auditorium IBX-R2.
    Q Acoustics 2010 in the 'study'.

Cables/stands: Chords; Van Dammes 4mm

Any other hi-fi bits:
    Apple MacMini Pro; Senn HD598, 467,
    Linear PSs for Rpi and DAC. Pure mains conditioning.

I'm Julian.

Bonky old chap, with what sources is your system showing a lack of top end sparkle?

I'm really not sure about the idea of using cable to "tune" a system but that may just be me ...
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast