+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pioneer RT-707 reel to reel advice please

I'm george.

Default pioneer RT-707 reel to reel advice please

Hello, O knowledgeable ones...
    Friend of a friend has the above r2r....its in mint condition as he is a careful chap,and he brought it back from the US a number of years ago...he's also got a
    rt 909?....anyway,long story short. He's selling the RT-707 for £250-£300...
    Is it worth it? Ive heard it and it plays,records,etc all working fine,looks almost new...as brought back from the US,like all his other gear,he uses a voltage transformer with it.
    Any potential probs with this? can it be perhaps converted to UK voltage easily enough or leave well enough alone? obviously dont want something to give me future probs.
    Any thoughts guys?

I'm george.

Ive heard that there may be probs with the speed due to the stepdown transformer?
    He tells me that its got pitch control that will solve that,so I think the best thing is to try one of my own reels on it an see what it sounds like....anyone else got any advice?....Please

synsei Guest

I'm sorry George but I can't help you, I don't have the knowledge. I'm sure someone will be along shortly who knows about this stuff though. I can see why you are keen, it's a very nice deck...

I'm george.

Thanks Dave,
    Yes,and it sound great as well,just want to make sure I wont have any speed probs with my tapes recorded on another machine.I believe the same problem can be true of tt's brought from the US.

+ Reply to Thread