+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Roksan Xerxes & Tabriz Zi

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete The Cat View Post
    ...I thought it was just down to me being slow and perfectionistic when it took me 3 weekends to set up

Actually there is one other catch not previously mentioned. The belt pulley is mighty close to the inside edge of the platter.

Nonetheless it didn't seem to bother Inspector Morse

Pete
    I thought he had an LP12 with his Quad gear..

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    I thought he had an LP12 with his Quad gear..
    The Rok was featured in the very first episode in which the fictional manufacturer turned out to be the murderer. I think it featured briefly in 2 or 3 episodes after. Later Morse appeared to have changed to Cassette. I'm actually sure they kept changing the hi-fi you saw in his house so it's possible an Lp12 was substituted at some stage. Typical lack of continuity between episodes and series. At least they kept the same Jag or did they have a couple spares?

Paul.

I'm Dave.

At one time I used to supply the Beeb with loan 'vintage' equipment for all manner of who-dunnits and sit-coms. They used to pay quite handsomely for a brief loan and often, the equipment would only feature for a second or two and often cut out completely.

I'm ChrisB.

Quote Originally Posted by Audioman View Post
    I'm actually sure they kept changing the hi-fi you saw in his house so it's possible an Lp12 was substituted at some stage. Typical lack of continuity between episodes and series.
    Sounds spot on for normal behaviour in many hi-fi casualties! I think they probably got their research right.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234