+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New fuse box

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Can't give you specific prices Chris . The electrician supplied the fuse box and approximately 8m of 10mm twin and earth . He fitted the fuse box and installed the new cable to the shower . Total price was £280 . I don't think I could have got a similar upgrade to SQ for the same money . I believe this is one of those ' can't get it by any other means ' upgrades. In my opinion every little helps , so I think Tonys experience may be well within the realms of possibility.
    Thanks , think I'll get three or four quotes and take it from there .
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Brian.

Good luck mate . I was listening to my system tonight before work and IMHO it's a no brainer . Sounding very good indeed. Please keep us posted Chris.

I'm Chris.

Good luck mate . I was listening to my system tonight before work and IMHO it's a no brainer . Sounding very good indeed. Please keep us posted Chris.
    Will do Brian , I should have done this five years ago when I had some bonding done with the new shower and bath , think I'll just go with a Wylex board like yourself , after doing some research , MK aren't what they used to be it seems ?
    Chris

I'm Stephen.

Have had the same thing done in my listening room, except I had a seperate CU fitted for the hifi and kept the house on its own

A fair bit of the 'upgrade in sound' can probably be attributed to the fact that the incoming fuse is removed and replaced - which (obviously) has a cleaning action on the contacts. In my case (again) the sparky thought I was bonkers asking if I could clean the fuse contacts before he replaced it back in the holder

If you want to go the 'whole hog' say your having a 10 - 12 Kw shower fitted and ask for a 100A incoming fuse - lower the resistance that last bit

Your correct in saying no C/U's are the same as they used to be - they are way safer, and in some instances, much better!

Don't go thinking you need to have 32A mcb's fitted in every line of the HiFi feeds- internally they are all the same, just the measuing coils are differnt

Just my 2$c
    Last edited by Sonority; 17-02-2013 at 13:18.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonority View Post
    Have had the same thing done in my listening room, except I had a seperate CU fitted for the hifi and kept the house on its own

A fair bit of the 'upgrade in sound' can probably be attributed to the fact that the incoming fuse is removed and replaced - which (obviously) has a cleaning action on the contacts. In my case (again) the sparky thought I was bonkers asking if I could clean the fuse contacts before he replaced it back in the holder

If you want to go the 'whole hog' say your having a 10 - 12 Kw shower fitted and ask for a 100A incoming fuse - lower the resistance that last bit

Your correct in saying no C/U's are the same as they used to be - they are way safer, and in some instances, much better!

Don't go thinking you need to have 32A mcb's fitted in every line of the HiFi feeds- internally they are all the same, just the measuing coils are differnt

Just my 2$c
    Yes I am going to be asking for a 100 amp fuse , currently 60 amp , I only have two ring mains so only need two 32 amp mcb's , just keeping it a simple set up .
    Chris

I'm scott.

give the fuse endcaps a polish ,deoxit . lawson ME/MFamp good , uk made fuses

I'm Brian.

Thanks for the advice on fuses today Scott and thanks for the hospitality . Both myself and Gary thoroughly enjoyed our visit to yours and listening to your amazing dem system . Bit of an education for me really from a very helpful and knowledgeable dealer . The equipment you loaned us will be put through its paces in the next week or so . I will report back on my findings when I have some time.
    Last edited by brian2957; 18-02-2013 at 22:23.

I'm Martin.

Can't give you specific prices Chris . The electrician supplied the fuse box and approximately 8m of 10mm twin and earth . He fitted the fuse box and installed the new cable to the shower . Total price was £280...
    Bl@@dy h@ll, that's cheap! Probably looking at twice that or more down here in Hampshire.
    Martin

Source: Sonos CONNECT DAC: Rega DAC Amp: Rega Brio-R Speakers: Neat Motive 2.

My system photos

I'm scott.

good to meet you brian , glad you had a nice day

I'm fuckoff.

To the op, did you use any kind of mains filtering/conditioning before/after the job?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast