+ Reply to Thread

Thread: phono stage

I'm john.

Default phono stage

Thinking of changing phono stage to a microgroove plus from a densen dp04 has anyone got experience of either also if anybody selling a tom evans could be interested Thanks John

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

What's wrong with what you have?
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm john.

Dave i thought the densen was ok until i tried a jasmine from china it sounded so much better in every way the thing is i would have to import it so that is why i was asking about the microgroove as it gets good reviews

I'm David.

I had a dp01 that I wasn't that impressed with - it did a decent enough job just not as good as a P75 that I had before. I went and tracked down another P75

I'm Steve.

I have just sold a Microgroove plus and can confirm that it is a great piece of kit. Good VFM. defo plays tunes.

I'm john.

I feel the same way about the densen its ok ,the p75 is that the dynavecter

I'm john.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    I have just sold a Microgroove plus and can confirm that it is a great piece of kit. Good VFM. defo plays tunes.
    can i ask did you upgrade,i see you use tellerium how do you get on with those .

I'm Andy.

Steve, may l ask what cart you used with the Microgroove?
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm john.

I see you have a eastern electric phono do you prefer that to the tom evans you sold and why john

I'm Jo.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsteer View Post
    Thinking of changing phono stage to a microgroove plus from a densen dp04 has anyone got experience of either also if anybody selling a tom evans could be interested Thanks John
    I have used a DP-04 and at the moment IŽm using a Mricrogroove Plus X.

The DP-04 is an extraordinary phono stage and a best buy in the 1000,-€-class and above. I have tried many phono stages in this price range, e.g. Heed, Sonneteer, Linn, Musical Fidelity, Trigon, GCPH, Aqvox etc.. In my ears the DP-04 was the best as well as better then a Klyne and very close to an internal phono stage of a DNM 3C Six

In my ears the Plus X is better but more expensive as well, but if someone is looking at the 1000,-€ class there is no better choice then a DP-04.

Jo

+ Reply to Thread