+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Filthy Vinyl

I'm James.

Default Filthy Vinyl

Just dug out some old vinyl from the loft after 27 years and they are filthy. Any suggestions for cleaning, I know there are some good vinyl cleaning machines but not sure if I want to invest in one. Are there any DIY methods that are proven or can anyone suggest Vinyl cleaning services.

I'm scott.

spin clean for 80quid a good manual cleaner , use one as a prewash on dirty albums
    then run through a VPI 16.5 RCM , but more @ about 500quid

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spin-Clean...item4609d75cdd

I'm Alan.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KNOSTI-DIS...item27cf6c273f
    I use one of these and the results are realy good

Alan

I'm Ddeleted.

Spin clean & knosti are pretty much identical in how they work. except one is half the price of the other. I used a Knosti for 2/3 years before switching to a powered RCM. Did the job perfectly if a bit time consuming.

I'm mike.

The Moth kits are reasonable if you are a bit handy with tools, allegedly noisy but could be soundproofed a bit. Probably set you back about 350.00 all in
    'If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you obviously don't fully understand the situation!'

I'm Simon.

Default Re: Filthy Vinyl

Quote Originally Posted by daytona600 View Post
    spin clean for 80quid a good manual cleaner , use one as a prewash on dirty albums
    then run through a VPI 16.5 RCM , but more @ about 500quid

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spin-Clean...item4609d75cdd
    I got one of these a little while ago and it works really well. I picked up a second hand Rory Gallagher album which was pretty much unplayable. Ran through the cleaner and it was like a new album.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Source: Thorens TD124 Rega RB300, Sumiko bluepoint No2., Cambridge Audio D500 Special Edition CDP, Squeeze box Touch, PC with Trends Audio USB Audio DAC UD-10 Amplification: Croft Micro 25 basic pre, Leak Stereo 20, Trends Audio Class T TA-10, Fisher X100-A Speakers:Impulse H6 Interconnects: Handmade silver and TNT audio CAT5 speaker cables

I'm Ken.

I had a record by Roy "Chubby" Brown, couldn't clean it up no matter what I used.

I'm Paul.

if you go for a knosti you'll need two - one for clean and one for rinse, otherwise it wont really work.
    Paul.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Spur07 View Post
    if you go for a knosti you'll need two - one for clean and one for rinse, otherwise it wont really work.
    You can clean and rinse with one. Just refill bath with purified water while the batch cleaned with the supplied fluid is drying.

I'm MYLES.

I have a Knosti sat in its box under the settee, I will give it a go this week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast