+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Celestion Ditton 33 or 44

I'm andy.

PM'd you.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm andy.

Nathan,

Could you spring clean your PM box please, can't answer your question cause it's full.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm Nathan.

Default Eureka

Well thanks to Andy (wiicrackpot) it looks like I have a set of Celestion Ditton 44s winging their way to me. Courier is arranged and all I have to do now is wait!!!

Thanks for all the help guys. I'll have to get a set of 33s sometime. Just to cure my craving for the celestions. I am thinking when I get my sitting room back - occupying forces are currently 5 months and the other 2 years - I can set up the 44s as front speakers and the 22s as rears powered by my Denon AVC A11. I imagine it would be a chilled, no so in your face music/movie experience. I have a while to wait though.

Nathan
    DIY is fine and dandy, but just try selling it on!

Nathan.

I'm andy.

Nathan, prepare yourself for a treat, hope the packaging survives the journey.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by wiicrackpot View Post
    Nathan, prepare yourself for a treat, hope the packaging survives the journey.

I hope so too Andy. The company I've hired to do the delivery have very good reviews on line and were not the cheapest, so lets hope the few extra euros do the job.

Nathan

Nathan.

I'm Nathan.

Default They've arrived...

I am sitting in my office at home listening to some music being played through my new Celestion Ditton 44s.

The first thing I want to say is a big thank you to Andy (wiicrackpot) for his patience in dealing with the courier and for packing the speakers so well.

They are in great nick and they are sounding fab. All the great qualities of the 22s that I love, but with that extra beef (or could that be horse) in the bottom end.

Thanks Andy.

I've been meaning to update my gallery shots for a while. I'll take some time over the weekend and crank some out.

Nathan

Nathan.

I'm Felipe.

Since I also have a pair of 22's, how do you rate the 44's for a smalish room's acoustics? I'm interested mainly in detail and imaging, more bass is not really the priority here. cheers

I'm Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by Xapito View Post
    Since I also have a pair of 22's, how do you rate the 44's for a smalish room's acoustics? I'm interested mainly in detail and imaging, more bass is not really the priority here. cheers
    Hi Filipe,

I was worried about the same thing, that it might overwhelm a room that is not very large. I don't know the exact dimensions of the room I am in, I imagine its something like 10 feet by 16 feet, maybe less. The 44s sit so well in the room. They are not brash and in your face, you just feel part of the sound, the overall range is improved with a more developed bottom end.

I am listening to Some Kind of Blue on vinyl as I type this, and I don't feel I've lost anything in the mid range compared with the 22s. My feet have been tapping since I plugged them in.

I am very happy.

Nathan.

I'm Dan.

Driving mine with ATM with a TRIO KA 7100 and a Denon DCD 385 with chea cable. VERY NICE Combo on number 3.
    Bi Amplification
    Quad 33 with current Mod for CD
    2 Quad 303 Bi Amped
    Turntable
    Thorens TD 125 MK1 , SME 3009 S2 Non Improved , Shure V15 II , SME 2000 Plinth
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2
    Cassette
    Goodmans GSW 435

I'm andy.

Nathan,

Glad they got to you intact and glad it's playing lovely tunes already,
    lovely treble and mid presentation without overblown bass, not the tightest (stands will help) and not there all the time,
    but it'll pack a frightening punch if it's in the mix, enjoy.
    Frank...made me do it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast