+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Philips SHB9100 bluetooth purchased

Default Philips SHB9100 bluetooth purchased

After much surfing and head scratching (see my other thread on here)I saw reviews of Philips SHB9100 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones and decided the main reason for using headphone was whilst outside in the garden or detailing my car. Both activities usually annoy with the resultant wire tugging and also I cant tell if anyone has called me. So armed with my O2 £5 argos discount for being a loyal customer for 4 years apparently off I went today and threw caution to the wind and bought them.

Well to say I'm happy with them is an understatement. My biggest worry was a sound that would be harsh and with no bottom end. These are neither and produce a good full sounding bass with decent extension and tunefulness. The highs are there and not over bright. The soundstage or width or whatever term you want to use it has plenty of space about it. They come with a wire as well and when used the sound does improve so you can have the option and also if on a plane where you are not allowed to use bluetooth or the charge runs low your not stuck.

A few bits to add you might want to know is they charge via micro usb so my Samsung SGS2 charger works with them and have around 9hrs play time and 200hrs standby. They dont fold but the ear pieces swivel inwards and are very light. They do leak sound which may not suit some especially quiet commuter environments if you like to play yir music loud.

They only cost £79!! from Argos and circa £70 online. I recon as far as bargains go these are right up there in my book. I nearly bought the Sennheisers at £144 im so glad I didnt.

Ill be plugging them in when not in and running them in and will try and update with a bit more detail re the sound.
    Last edited by pwood; 08-02-2013 at 17:27.
    Paul

Onkyo 875, Monitor Audio RX6 GW,Monitor audio RX centre GW,Monitor Audio BFX rears, REL QUAKE,Arcam CD73t CD ,Russ Andrews Yello mains cabling & PBJ interconnects,Sterling Black Mamba speaker cable.

+ Reply to Thread