+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Album Club - RELOADED!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashmore View Post
    I'm in too. I think the forward submission makes a lot of sense, though the Sunday deadline feels a tad stretching. On behalf of the mortals among us (and myself ) I'd like to plea for an extension.

At the risk of seeming over-sensitive, I'm not fond of the adoption of a corporate approach for album club communications. I can see the appeal from an admin perspective, but when we lose the personalised interactions we risk diminishing the sense of community.

S
    I agree. We all have different writing styles and ways of putting across our enthusiasm for the submitted disc.

I would also make a plea for YouTube clips to be included - I don't have, nor want Spotify.

Apart from that, I'm in.
    Barry

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Well, Album Club is usually looked after by me, but I just thought you'd all get a bit bored of me posting them each week, so giving Album Club !his! own account made sense to keep things neutral - but if you'd prefer it to remain personal with me doing them usually (with help from the other guys sometimes) it really makes no odds.

I'm also comfortable with extending the deadline - although don't forget we only need the album choice by then so we can start to put the schedule together and make sure there are no duplicates before two people spend time on the same submission. We can easily pull a final reserve or two out of the bag while people get it together.

The important thing is that we are not trying to impose rules for the sake of it or make it less fun - just trying to maintain the quality and enjoyment of the Club.

Carry on putting your views forward as we will always go with the majority view if we can.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Paul.

Alex.

Just submitted my choice. I too was under impression you wanted the whole write up in advance. Is there a second deadline for completion prior to each members designated week?

Paul.

I'm Curator.

Hi Folks - 9 entries so far - and we've got a few fully written up, so in order to give you some more time if you've yet to enter, have another week - please let me have further entries by next Sunday - 17th. Write ups by the following week - 24th?

I'm Curator.

BUMP - 11 currently confirmed for the new Album Club format - if you've been meaning to enter, then please let me have just your album name/artist to start with.

I think I've confused some people - so hopefully this clarifies it succinctly:

We want all submissions up front, en masse - within a couple of weeks. The initial request was for Artist/Album to make sure there are no duplicates, but the intention is that we will have all of the Album Club posts "in the bank" ready for when their turn comes - it will still be a Tuesday (evening usually) when I or one of the other mods can log on as Album Club and post it on behalf of the member.

There will be more work for me/us in posting up the post/poll but that should be countered by less time chasing people and having to get Reserves up - and should improve the quality and uniformity of posts as we are able to "vet" them first.

Hopefully that makes sense...

I'm Curator.

Anyone else fancy joining up and giving us all your musical treats to experience?

PM Album Club if you'd like to join the rota - the more the merrier - and a great way for newer members to get involved and for us all to get to know each other.

I'm Curator.

OK guys, the rota in post #1 of this thread will go to rollover shortly - please can you PM Album Club with your album choice for the next round by this time next week? Thanks.

I'm John.

Will gladly do so Alex, but I have no idea how to embed links etc into an email.....is there a tutorial?
    Cheers
    John
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Technics 1210/Mike New Bearing/Jelco SA750d/Goldring 2500/Paul Hynes SR5 21/27.
    Cambridge Audio 840c CD. Squeezebox Touch. Synology NAS.
    Teac A-3440.
    Beresford Bushmaster.
    Quad II monoblocks....Quad 44/405.....Croft Micro.....Cambridge Audio 840.
    Celestion Ditton 66.....KEF Reference One

I'm John.

Ah...have found the tutorial.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Technics 1210/Mike New Bearing/Jelco SA750d/Goldring 2500/Paul Hynes SR5 21/27.
    Cambridge Audio 840c CD. Squeezebox Touch. Synology NAS.
    Teac A-3440.
    Beresford Bushmaster.
    Quad II monoblocks....Quad 44/405.....Croft Micro.....Cambridge Audio 840.
    Celestion Ditton 66.....KEF Reference One

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

John - if you just let me have the narrative I can sort it for you, but to put in a link or picture is very easy - click the world/chain icon and paste the address, and there's a tutorial for pictures here
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast