+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speaker Cable

I'm Jerry.

Surprised no one has mentioned Belkin Pure AV. The only problem is that + and - are not marked (at least not on the bit that I have).
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Van Damme 2.5mm, or if you don't like the blue jacket, the Fisual 2.5mm ones available on our favourite auction site.

If you'd prefer a "named" cable, the Talk 3 is superb value for money, even taking into account the fact you'd normally buy it via a dealer.

Otherwise, what's wrong with heavy duty mains cable? I mean, it has to deliver far higher voltages and at far higher current potential too - just saying like.....
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Brian.

+1 for the Black Rhodium Twist . Excellent VFM . The Van Damme 2.5mm 0r 4mm are also very good and very well built .

I'm tony.

the belkin pre terminated cables are great vfm. The van damme blue likewise. I have black rodium twist winging its way to me to give it a go. The tellurium q stuff is used by a few of the troops and highly rated by many, both blue and black but seems to be quite system dependant.
    Ideally try to get a loan of some cables from a dealer or AOS member and try it in your room/set up and as you say- how you like your distortion/colouration.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Van Damme 2.5mm, or if you don't like the blue jacket, the Fisual 2.5mm ones available on our favourite auction site.

If you'd prefer a "named" cable, the Talk 3 is superb value for money, even taking into account the fact you'd normally buy it via a dealer.

Otherwise, what's wrong with heavy duty mains cable? I mean, it has to deliver far higher voltages and at far higher current potential too - just saying like.....
    +1 I'm using 4mm twin and earth made by Pirelli and bought from RS fo 69p per metre. Mind you had to buy 50 metres.

Steve
    Thorens TD550, Ortofon 12", Ortofon Jubilee or Koetsu Black; Rothwell MCL SUT, VTL 2.5 pre, XTC POW 1 power; Naim CD5x; KEF Reference 3.2's; Van den Hul interconnects and speaker cables.

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    the belkin pre terminated cables are great vfm. The van damme blue likewise. I have black rodium twist winging its way to me to give it a go. The tellurium q stuff is used by a few of the troops and highly rated by many, both blue and black but seems to be quite system dependant.
    Ideally try to get a loan of some cables from a dealer or AOS member and try it in your room/set up and as you say- how you like your distortion/colouration.
    Yes, the Belkin is very good. Have a spare set knocking around too I think.

This has been my longest lasting speaker cable so I'd say it's bloody good, great reputation too.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Gary.

Rega Quattro is another well priced "no nonsense" cable.
    Great sound for much cheapness.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Craig.

Don't think the Belkin is available in 5m lengths though.......?
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12