+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: hello & goodbye

synsei Guest

It would seem that the only people bringing up the issue of inter-forum wars are those intent on warning others not to participate...

I'm Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    It would seem that the only people bringing up the issue of inter-forum wars are those intent on warning others not to participate...
    Oh Well, this being Sunday lets all go listen to 'Songs of praise' on BBC channel 1 and give praise to the varied and wonderful bods that make up this sanctity of sanity that is AoS... praise be

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kenworthy100 View Post
    Quad 306 is an excellent power amp and incredible value secondhand, having recapped a few over the years they always surprise me, you tend to forget you have a power amp in circuit and just relax with your music.
    I absolutely agree with you there John. I know it is a very old and crusty cliché but it just gets out of the way of the music. I desperately need to upgrade the IC's running between the 306 and DR5 however, just now I am running a pair of Belkin PureSliver ICs and having carried out a few experiments throughout the rest of my system I now know they can be bettered significantly and for not a lot of dosh

I'm rupert.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    Hi Rupert and welcome to AoS

I own a sorted 306 too and it sounds brilliant to my ears. Some say the 306 is gutless but in my small listening room driving a pair of B&W DM2's it is anything but. To date it is the best sounding power amp I have had in my system
    I glad there is some love for the Quad 306. I can only recommend the update from Dada for the power amp. Not for the 34 which I updated too but then settled with a tiny passive pre which is in fact a attenuator and a selector with some silver cable in it. The sound stage with this configuration is grandiose. Much more spacious than the 34/306 combination imo. (you can get it on ebay for less than 50£ .. search for bte-design passive pre amp). I would never go back to a active pre amp. I need to note also that I have NVA low capacitance cable (which you under no circumstance must NOT bundle or get scrxxed by the brown force )

Added bonus: the update for the 306 is much easier to implement and you really only need to know the basics of soldering to do it.

Best.

I'm rupert.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzBones View Post
    Oh Well, this being Sunday lets all go listen to 'Songs of praise' on BBC channel 1 and give praise to the varied and wonderful bods that make up this sanctity of sanity that is AoS... praise be
    amen !

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by r100 View Post
    off on a bike ride... bye all.
    Cycling - in Switzerland

Oh the pain

I may hate you
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Alan.

Hello Rupert,

Welcome to AoS, I enjoy nipping in and out of a few forums and I have experienced some quite aggressive snipes on the odd occasion, but not here.
    I do feel that "it is just a hobby" and there are a lot of friendly folk here who just want to exchange experiences with other like minded people.

Enjoy your music

regards Al
    My system,

Cartridges Lyra Delos, Audio Technica AT33EVmc, AT 24 mm
    Turntable Thorens TD 124 Mk2, in a Jim Campbel plinth,Audio Technica 1503 Mk3 arm
    CD player Technics SL-PG490
    Cassette deck Yamaha KX 530
    Moving Coil Amp Albarry MCA 11
    Pre-amplifier Albarry AP 11 (battery powered)
    Power amps Albarry M1108 Mono-blocs
    Speakers Allison 3 Corner units, Allison 6 stand mounted cubes
    Interconnects AVT Matrix 6 and OFC short ones
    Mains distribution Music Works Recoil 6 gang and mains leads
    Tables MusicWorks ReVo acrylic stand, Quadraspire Acrylic shelves (cryo'd legs) acrylic Response Mini under mains block.
    Speaker cable Chord Rumour (Cryo'd)
    RCM Okki Nokki
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1586...homepage_panel

I'm rupert.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    Cycling - in Switzerland

Oh the pain

I may hate you
    Quote Originally Posted by trio leo View Post
    Hello Rupert,

Welcome to AoS, I enjoy nipping in and out of a few forums and I have experienced some quite aggressive snipes on the odd occasion, but not here.
    I do feel that "it is just a hobby" and there are a lot of friendly folk here who just want to exchange experiences with other like minded people.

Enjoy your music

regards Al

Thank's all

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345