+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ifi micro iphono

I'm Hugo.

I bought an iPhono at the AudioJumble today. Initial impressions are very positive, but it does need to bed in for a while. It is very small indeed.

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuggie View Post
    I bought an iPhono at the AudioJumble today. Initial impressions are very positive, but it does need to bed in for a while. It is very small indeed.
    I'll be interested in your thoughts vs the Veron. The iFi bears comparison to my valve / LCR phono stage though they are somewhat different, suiting different setups.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm David.

The good thing about it is you can hide it round the back of your rack which leaves room for other items, the other 3 items in the range are exceptionally good too, especially the headphone amp.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Others have said the same too
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Neil.

I have one here to review for Adventures in High Fidelity Audio but I have a pile of other stuff to do before it I just finished the iDAC and iUSB Power from the same range and they are very good indeed for modest money. I suspect the iPhono will also be very good.

Regards Neil

I'm ILOB.

Did not really rate the DAC with USB power supply Not as good as the JK32 DAC in my system Guess horses for courses
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Did not really rate the DAC with USB power supply Not as good as the JK32 DAC in my system Guess horses for courses
    Was it run in John? If not try again but I haven't tried a JK32 so can't comment about that - could be a system synergy miss match. Did you try the IUSB with the JK32? I would be surprised if it didn't improve it a smidge or more.

Regards Neil

I'm Clive.

The JK uses battery power so the iUSB isn't useful on this occasion. I'm sure iFi would say mains is better!
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm ILOB.

Yes agree think the power supply would make a huge difference with mains power
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    I'll be interested in your thoughts vs the Veron. The iFi bears comparison to my valve / LCR phono stage though they are somewhat different, suiting different setups.
    I'll make sure it's had a good few hundred hours before making that comparison! So far, it sounds rather good, if a little unbalanced, which is to be expected with something that's not yet run in properly. I have attached a Paul Hynes SR3 PSU to the iPhono, resulting in an obvious lift in sound quality compared to the stock switching wall-wart PSU.

It's been interesting fiddling with the loading settings, to find out what suits the Benz Wood SL best. Benz state 100 Ohms to 47k Ohms, which is not much help, but it seems happiest with 330 Ohms. I'd be interested to know what others think is the best loading for the Benz.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast