+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Win8/Adobe Flash problem.

I'm Confused.

Default Win8/Adobe Flash problem.

Hi Guys,
    Hopefully one of you may have encountered this before and found a way round it but it sure is baffling me - not difficult to be honest .
    I have recently istalled Win8 Pro on a newish HTPC and it has suddenly decided not to play ball.
    Having had speed problems with my BT Infinity connection I got BT to visit to sort it and this occurred this morning. To confirm acceptable speeds were now being reached we tried to do a BT (and other) speedtest, only to be met with the message that Adobe Flash needed to be installed to enable this. This has not happened on previous BT speedtests. On checking, Adobe confirmed that the latest edition of Flash Player was already installed but all speed tests continued to give the same error message.
    Any ideas anybody?
    TIA,
    Dave.
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm Paul.

Uninstall Adobe Flash and search for an older version. I have had problems with Firefox in the past. Worth a try.

Also was this a clean install of win 8? If not may be worth uninstalling and re-installing Adobe anyway.

I'm Confused.

I'll try the uninstall/reinstall of Flash - thanks for the suggestion.
    Win8 was an downloaded update from Win7 per the (just) current offer from M/S. I get the same result trying to use IE or Chrome.
    Dave.
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm Jan.

Dave I hope that you got your problem sorted.

The following is not as much related to your problem, more a general information to all Windows 8 users.

A couple of things have changed with Windows 8 compared to earlier:

- Windows 8 comes with Flash and new versions is rolled out via the Microsoft updates mechanism. I assume that you still have to install the Flash version for other browsers if you use such.

- In Windows 8 there are 2 versions of the IE10; the "Metro" version can handle Flash but no other plugins are allowed (Java, Silverlight, ..); where as the desktop version is business as usual.

- Windows 8 Defender also includes the malware functionality from MSE
    Jan.

Main: Touch -> Beresford Caiman II -> Carver A-500x -> B&W 704
    Office: Duet (Audiocom)
    -> Luxman L-210 -> Stax SR84 Pro
    -> Beresford Bushmaster -> Superlux HD668B

Server: A8-5500, 4 GB, SSD + 2*1 TB, Win8 w. SBS 7.9 (SQLite w. High Mem)
    Tied together by D-Link DIR-655 + DGS-1008D

+ Reply to Thread