+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 166 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Mod your Beresford 7520

I'm Jerry.

Or sell the 7510 and buy a 7520!
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Gary.

Would THIS be a suitable OpAmp, there seems to be a couple of different types.
    Thanks.

http://markgrantcables.co.uk/shop/in...roducts_id=111 (an "NA" Type - is this suitable?)

And is it just a case of popping the two existing amps out and popping the LM4562's in their place?
    IS it just these two amps to be replaced on the output board (I think) or is there more to it?

http://img522.imageshack.us/my.php?image=opamps.jpg
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Would THIS be a suitable OpAmp, there seems to be a couple of different types.
    Thanks.

http://markgrantcables.co.uk/shop/in...roducts_id=111 (an "NA" Type - is this suitable?)

And is it just a case of popping the two existing amps out and popping the LM4562's in their place?
    IS it just these two amps to be replaced on the output board (I think) or is there more to it?

http://img522.imageshack.us/my.php?image=opamps.jpg
    Yes on both accounts.
    Naim ND5 XS, nDAC, XP5 XS, 202, HC, NAPSC, 250.2, B&W 804s.
    AVR350, B&W HTM4, Gallo.
    Samsung, Oppo.

OK, I have fitted the THS4032's and I must say they are the best opamp so far. Using with my K701's, the sound is smoother and more fluid than the standard NE5532P's and even tops the OPA2132, which I like very much. Detail is still there but never overstated which encourages you to keep listening on and on. Trouble is it also tempts you to crank up the volume!
    Don't believe that some say the K701 is lacking in bass - The combination of 7520 DAC with THS4032's in the headamp brings out the bass perfectly to my ears.

Swapping to Senn HD600: Gosh! The power - No problem driving the Senn's here! The sound - Smoother than a smooth thing - Not quite the detail of the K701's but nothing is missed - This is a sweet conbination - I could listen to this all night, every night.

The THS4032's are definitely keepers - I don't know how I could improve on them - Unless you guys know otherwise...

Ken

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by trailer View Post
    Yes on both accounts.
    Thanks Trailer!
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post
    The THS4032's are definitely keepers - I don't know how I could improve on them - Unless you guys know otherwise...
    I don't know of a better opamp for either the TC-7520 or the TC-7510. The best soundstage, separation, and top & bottom. But these are not easy to get chips. i.e. you can't pick them up from eBay as far as I know.

I'm Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensimilia View Post
    I don't know of a better opamp for either the TC-7520 or the TC-7510. The best soundstage, separation, and top & bottom. But these are not easy to get chips. i.e. you can't pick them up from eBay as far as I know.
    You can get them from RS for £4 each or so. It's the interface boards that seem to be harder to find.
    Naim ND5 XS, nDAC, XP5 XS, 202, HC, NAPSC, 250.2, B&W 804s.
    AVR350, B&W HTM4, Gallo.
    Samsung, Oppo.

Quote Originally Posted by trailer View Post
    You can get them from RS for £4 each or so. It's the interface boards that seem to be harder to find.
    Luckily I can get the chips for free. The boards can be bought from http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/tirna_electronics/

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Unfortunately no. The 7510 opamp is surface mount and needs a good eye and steady hands with a soldering iron to replace it...
    You're not joking - I ordered 2 LM4562's to complete the mod21part2 on my 7510, just in case of a fryup or some other mishap, and managed to fix one of them to the board off angle, and ended up cutting the legs and winging it into the bin.

I also managed to disconnect (snap) some of the wires off on one end of the ribbon cables (yes, both of them) which stopped a couple of the inputs from being selectable. Thankfully both cables are now stripped back a few mm and resoldered, and all is now working properly. Note to self - don't be so bloody hamfisted in future !

I am more than pleased with the results though - music just "sounds right".
    Music sounded good before the mods, but the whole mod21 thing has lifted my 7510 up into a different league.

Chris

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post
    I'm not ripping my 7510 apart again to find this out how good they are, but I am definitely intrigued.

Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 166 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast