+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello Hello

I'm Ian.

Default Hello Hello

HI All,

Found this by accident as I am hunting more equipment to fill up the lounge.

I have suffered the pain for the last 5.5yrs of a compromised system, enough was enough so I ripped out the fireplace put the plasma on the wall and have been on a wild and relatively expensive journey the last 6 mnths.

So current status is:

Rega Planar3 with RB300 arm rocking a Roksan Black cartridge :-)
    Then had to solve the speaker challenge, so have been from my compromise Monitor Audio Radius 225's right the way up till tonight RS8's now awaiting to collect a pair of GR60's to match the GR Centre and GRFX I already secured :-)
    So Originally a Denon AVR 4306 was running it all now

For vinyl - Rotel RC-870 Pre into a NAD C272
    For Cinema - Onkyo 875 into NAd C272 and Rotel RB-960BX

Blu-ray thanks to a Pioneer BDP-LX53 and just picked up a Marantz CD-84 :-)

So live in Hampshire and loving getting back to vinyl esp when gems such as HArd days night in mono turn up via the local charity shop.

I'm ChrisB.

Hi Ian,
    Welcome to AoS.
    So what sort of music do you like, apart from The Beatles?
    .........by the way......about that charity shop.....Bordon, Hampshire, you say?

Cheers & welcome once again.

I'm Ian.

Smile

Ah yes the kind of music, well I think I am in a re-discovering what it actually is.

As I have jumped back to vinyl all my 80's stuff has been wowing me but if you pin me down then:

Peter Gabriel - mostly So to be honest
    Queen
    Prince
    David Bowie
    Portishead
    Eurythmics
    Leftfield
    Faithless

right the way to

Jean Michel Jarre
    Some classical - the well known not generally where I go

and then I am a dance track fan of the 90's still wish I had been a DJ as I love what music does to people and when you see how music can lift people and unite them to me most things sound great if it's the right time to be listening to them.

For example never thought I would be listening to a Sammy Davis Jnr live recording from 1963 until it popped out of a collection of 750 albums I bought before xmas.

And I will listen to Deadmau5, David Guetta quite happily so I have no taste just love music that is right for me at that moment in time.

+ Reply to Thread