+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First post requirement.

I'm Swappinggear.

Default First post requirement.

Done.

Now on to the rest of the site.

Not really, I just wanted to see my name on the web in the upper right hand corner.

With that out of the way, I sold gear and liked a lot of it. I did not sell all the brands and some of the ones I did not sell in my short career in the Hi-Fi House were very good.

So I grab gear that is cheap that I want to see what it is all about. I grab gear that is cheap that can upgrade my main system and I grab gear that can allow me to continue in this hobby.

I've gotten inside the units to make them the best my limited knowledge can with mechanical being much easier for me as I run out of talent following a signal through a schematic.

Main rig:
    C-1000/SP-9II/SP-3A/Foreplay/DL-2
    DNA-1/DH-200s/D150/MB3045
    MG-IIIa/TimeWindow/BPS-150i
    KD-600/Unitrac-I/TD-160 Super/Unitrac-I/MC-20/AT15Sa/XC-LT/Black/23R
    SL-1600II/various cartridges
    AC-1x2/DL-2 "A"/DL-2 "B"
    T-110x2/GFT-555/TX-1000
    10X/RT-909
    MDX-D3
    Planet/CDP-C705(upgraded)/DCD-1520
    K-12/K-112

So you ask what am I listening to today:
    main room an SA-8100/TX-7100/SG-9500 with A25s a neighbor picked from a baby sitter that was headed for the trash, just testing.
    BR-TX-906/DX-C510/L520/Montor 5, nice remote capabilities.
    On the bench getting tested R-1120.

And there is gear all over the house. Some in line for the bench others awaiting play time or a new owner.

And I looked over The Knowledge before posting. Some good stuff there for sure.

You'll be glad my gear is not in a signature.

I'm ILOB.

Welcome to AOS Keith
    What kind of music do you like to listen too
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Swappinggear.

Like much of the vintage gear the music is frequently from that era, the classic rock, all but the headbanging stuff, some of the jazz from the era.

Recently with a couple guys here dropping by for listening, there has been a broadening of my music to include quite a few of the older jazz greats and the ECM library as well as more modern music whether it be dance, electronica or other music from the late 80s into the 90s. One of them just discovered vinyl when he purchased a KD-650. In the 22 months following this he has purchased 560 albums. This has led to new music here.

It seems folks like what they have heard during the time that the system is the center of their life and lose track of new music as life gets busy. Without an influx of that newer music by someone that has selected some favorites it is hard to learn the genre since it is not available except by streaming but where to find it. I also enjoy a local non-profit radio station because of the lack of advertisements. Not much great music, not much bad music, just good quality to fill the room. This is usually singer-songwriter fare.

And I like the classical music that gets up and moves along with somewhere to go.

MartinT Guest

Hi Keith and welcome to AoS. Your equipment list reads like a WWII coded message. I'm doing my best but some brand names would help

I'm Swappinggear.

I understand the code part, sort of my way of seeing if folks recognize gear by model numbers. Knowing of course there were many model numbers used by different companies makes this difficult.

One thing I did not consider prior to doing this is that this forum is going to have a lot of gear I have never seen or heard. I would be at a loss determining what folks were discussing without the manufacturer's names as many brands never made it to the US.

So here are some Manufacturer names.

Luxman, Audio Research, Bottlehead, Crown (Amcron), McCormack, Hafler, Magnepan, DCM, Mirage, Kenwood, Thorens, Ortofon, Audio Technica, Adcom, Koetsu, Dynavector, Technics, Musical Fidelity, Yamaha, Tandberg, Pioneer, Sony, Rega, Denon

Manufacturer names only listed once and to make this easier, I did this in the order of the list of gear. I know a number of these were easy without this list but also understand a few of them would have taken a while to determine what the heck I was talking about.

Maybe we need to see who can put the manufacturer name and model number of each chunk of gear together on a line and complete the list first.

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Hi Keith and welcome to AoS. Your equipment list reads like a WWII coded message.

+ Reply to Thread