+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HELLO

I'm paul.

Default HELLO

I have been listening to and collecting lps for 50 years and have of late been discovering, throught fine sites like this one, just how much information there is on the humble lp. My current interest is building a deck from lenco scraps. From two completed Lenco decks, both L70s, i have nearly satisfied my curiosty. One more two tonearm extra heavy slate turntable to go. I am curious about a new in the box Decca green cartridge i have. Can't seem to find much info. Any ideas?

I'm ILOB.

Hi Paul
    Welcome to AOS Around the cartridge it might be best to ask in the analogue section someone like Barry Andre or DSJR should be able to help
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Default Decca 'Green' cartridge

This a monophonic cartridge ‘head’ made by Decca as part of their ffrr / ffss range (from the Mk.I to the Mk.III designs).

(Image: vinylengine)

Vinylengine quote the following specification:

Output: 7.5mV

Response 20Hz – 20kHz

VTF: 2 – 3g

Recommended load impedance: 50kΩ

Coil resistance: 4.4kΩ

Spherical tip radius: 0.0006/7"

Compliance: 12cu (stated to be the dynamic compliance. I believe this is the static compliance, not the dynamic compliance.)

Trust this is of some help

PS Welcome to AOS Paul - hope you enjoy your stay here.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread