+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Malware / Google Chrome Issues

I'm Nick.

Default Malware / Google Chrome Issues

Users have reported that the forum is being blocked due to 'malware' when using Google Chrome / certain other browsers.

This is being investigated and updates will be posted here.

Please be aware that we have not made any changes to the forum and Google Chrome has not suffered any issues in the past. I can assure you that the forum does not harbour any 'malware' and would request that Members use another browser for the timebeing until we can get the problem resolved.

Many thanks

Nick
    Last edited by Beechwoods; 25-01-2013 at 19:36. Reason: Update
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Nick.

It looks like an image link in a Thread posted in 2009 has recently gone dodgy (the thread contained a number of now broken links, and one of those old links its likely to have been appropriated by someone with less than honourable intentions.

I've now cleared the links in that thread and will get the site rescanned by Google's Webmaster tools, which should reset their Mailware database.

And the lesson from this is please, host your images on a reputable site like Photobucket or Image Shack, rather than hotlinking to other sites where they can get broken, or redirected, without any notice, causing problems like this
    Nick
    My system...

I'm Nick.

Following further investigation it seems likely that the broken links in that old thread were exploited to run bad code within one of the Tapatalk javascript files.

I've reinstalled the Tapatalk plugin files, having deleted the links in the thread Google highlighted. I have been advised by our Web Hosts that this should have resolved the problem, and so I requested a rescan by Google last night. They could take a day to do this and (hopefully) clear the warnings.

The AVG Safe Browsing browser plugin (IE, Firefox) at my ends finds the site clear of problems.

We appreciate you bearing with us as we get this resolved.
    Nick
    My system...

I'm Nick.

I'd also like to thank the Members who have emailed and PM'd to offer their help in getting this resolved. It is appreciated.
    Nick
    My system...

I'm Nick.

Can I suggest that all Members clear their browser cache / temporary internet files as this could still be caching compromised scripts (if they get Virus / Malware warnings) when as far as I can tell the site itself is now clean.
    Nick
    My system...

I'm Nick.

Overnight Google rescan has been done and we have had the 'Malware Warning' removed.

Happy browsing everyone.
    Nick
    My system...

+ Reply to Thread