+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB- Mini T amp

I'm Dave.

Default WTB- Mini T amp

Hi, I'd like to buy a Mini T amp to see what the fuss is all about, can't really spend too much as I've just bought myself a Project debut turntable and set of Wharfedale Diamonds in the Richer sounds sale. The Diamonds are much smaller than the B&W DM1600 speakers I was using and whilst I love the involving sound from them, they seem to lack the bass i'm used to?
    If no one has one, I would appreciate advise on which one to get from amazon / ebay as there are several reasonably priced models
    Thanks
    Dave

I'm Rich.

Discussed via PM.

I'll ask Al to return mine and you're welcome round for a listen. If you like then you can buy, if you don't like that's cool.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm chang.

I'm Dave.

Cheers, however I went over to Rich's house on Saturday and bought his. I was amazed by how good it sounded into his Rega speakers, just hoping it sounds as good with my new 'mystery purchase' Kelly Transducers when they come next week.
    I quickly checked it out with my mission speakers when I got home and was very impressed, however so was my dad who now wants one so i'm on my look out for another!

I'm James.

I have a Muse T Amp in black, I am using it whilst my main amp is being repaired.
    I am extremely impressed with it and would be quite happy to live with it.
    I will need it for the next few weeks but after then it may be up for grabs.
    The amp, PSU and box are in super mind condition.
    PM me if your interested.

I'm Bernie.

If you want one straight away, I have one with a silver faceplate. It's in good condition except for the rubber blobs on the bottom have moved around a bit. PM me if you're interested.
    Bernie.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Default Topping T Amp

I have one of these that I used for a while:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Topping-TP...item2a21f4c95e

If anyone wants it they can have it for £25. It developed a little fault with its volume control, but I'm sure it'll be fixable, and it still plays and sounds very good for the money

It has either RCA or USB inputs

Any takers ??

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigandbouncy View Post
    Cheers, however I went over to Rich's house on Saturday and bought his. I was amazed by how good it sounded into his Rega speakers, just hoping it sounds as good with my new 'mystery purchase' Kelly Transducers when they come next week.
    I quickly checked it out with my mission speakers when I got home and was very impressed, however so was my dad who now wants one so i'm on my look out for another!
    Pleased you like it mate, it was sounding good through them Regas, so much in fact i was having second thoughts about selling it!

I'm Dave.

Cheers mate, I love it.......though glad you gave me the better cable looking at the recall message on the Amptastic thread! Going to PM Canetoad and Soveriegn for one for my dad for his TV. Was going to give him my Arcam but he liked the sound and neatness to the mini T - The timing clock on countdown was particularly musical apparently

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigandbouncy View Post
    Cheers mate, I love it.......though glad you gave me the better cable looking at the recall message on the Amptastic thread! Going to PM Canetoad and Soveriegn for one for my dad for his TV. Was going to give him my Arcam but he liked the sound and neatness to the mini T - The timing clock on countdown was particularly musical apparently
    Nice one... The cable recall is probably my fault as I took my amp up to a mate in Edinburgh for a try out. As I was unplugging his Mini-T I was shocked (almost literally) to see how badly the stock mains cable had degraded with just over a year of moderate use. I immediately advised the chap to chuck it out and put a proper IEC lead on it which is what I did as soon as I got mine. In fairness to Chris (amptastic) I emailed him about it at the time and did offer to replace them. Its just sad that the original lead lets down what is otherwise an otherwise excellent value product.

On the subject of leads though, putting a decent homemade quality mains cable on it made a difference I thought. If you wanted to roll your own I'd be happy to share the recipe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast