+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pure Player

I'm Jerry.

Default Pure Player

I have been trying a few media players lately and the one that sounds the best on my system is Pure Player.
    It has it's limitations as it's very basic but well worth trying. I don't think it will stream internet radio (it changes files into WAV) so I will be keeping Foobar.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Brian.

Got a link Jerry ?

I'm Jerry.

Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    Might be an idea to link to the site and then that lets people decide if they want a download or not. I clicked on the link and something I don't necessarily want is now in my laptop.

Now removed.

Regards Neil

I'm Confused.

I think I'm right in saying thar John Kenny recommends PurePlay to users of his modified HiFace - if not, feel free to correct me - I tried it and wasn't very happy with SQ or UI but that was some time ago, maybe it's improved since than. foobar is my player of choice ATM
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Might be an idea to link to the site and then that lets people decide if they want a download or not. I clicked on the link and something I don't necessarily want is now in my laptop.

Now removed.

Regards Neil
    Sorry Neil-nothing nasty there I dont think. I read about it on DIY Audio.
    Hope this is safe to recommend:
    http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-ba...re-player.html
    Jerry

I'm Jerry.

It does sound quite a bit better than Foobar IMHO Dave but you use Foobar/WASPI (I cannot as I am on XP) so it's any ones guess.
    Jerry

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    Sorry Neil-nothing nasty there I dont think. I read about it on DIY Audio.
    Hope this is safe to recommend:
    http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-ba...re-player.html
    Hi Jerry I didn't for one minute think that but I prefer to read about a thing before trying it and going straight to a download does not allow that.

Regards Neil

I'm andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
    I think I'm right in saying thar John Kenny recommends PurePlay to users of his modified HiFace - if not, feel free to correct me - I tried it and wasn't very happy with SQ or UI but that was some time ago, maybe it's improved since than. foobar is my player of choice ATM
    I think its JPlay he recommends.
    Andy.

I'm Confused.

Quote Originally Posted by roob View Post
    I think its JPlay he recommends.
    Andy, on reflection you may well be right - sorry if I mislead anyone .
    Dave.
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast