+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Now We Are Five - The Art of Sound Birthday

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm ChrisB.

Default Now We Are Five - The Art of Sound Birthday

Right about now, The Art of Sound is pretty much exactly five years old, to the minute and I think it's time to reflect a little on what Rob, Steve and Marco set out to achieve and to acknowledge what a fantastic job they did to set AoS on the road to become what it is today - the very best hi-fi forum on the web.

I joined AoS because it had set out (and looked like it was succeeding) to become what nearly all the others had failed in. It truly has become a community of fantastic people, many of whom have helped me out in all sorts of ways and some that I am lucky enough to count as friends. I'm sure most of you could say the same.

Rob, Steve and Marco set the thing off but it was you folks, the membership who saw what a good thing it was and kept it going the right way. A forum is only as good as its members and we've got a lot to be proud of.

Good stuff guys - keep it going!

I'd also like to announce that we're going to be holding a competition to mark the occasion and there will be prizes, the details of which will be announced soon, so keep your eyes peeled!!

As for how much hi-fi and non hi-fi stuff we've written and discussed between us, perhaps we can reflect on this:

Five years on, we have a total of 7,339 members.
    Between us, we've made 396,923 posts in 20,988 threads.

I've been looking at the posting figures and done the Top Posters Table again. This time, however, I've done the Top 100 (........never again though!!).

NB: You may notice a little variance between your score now and that on the list, but these things take time to put together.
    I'm afraid since this is the first time I've done the Top 100, I can't say whether you've gone up or down in the rankings if you weren't in the Top 50 last time.

Last edited by The Grand Wazoo; 21-01-2013 at 19:44.

+ Reply to Thread