+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crones and coeliacs

I'm natalie.

Default Crones and coeliacs

Hi just wanted some advice. Dom had a blood test for crones and coeliacs, do any if you guys no much about these types of illness. I don't want to go online because you can end up getting confused and going round in circles. I won't make a habit of this, because it is an audio forum, but I just wanted some opinions/advice if you have ie what type of vitamins to try that sort of thing.

Cheers Natalie

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie NWA View Post
    Hi just wanted some advice. Dom had a blood test for crones and coeliacs, do any if you guys no much about these types of illness. I don't want to go online because you can end up getting confused and going round in circles. I won't make a habit of this, because it is an audio forum, but I just wanted some opinions/advice if you have ie what type of vitamins to try that sort of thing.

Cheers Natalie
    Not directly but I used to suffer from Irritable Bowel Disease or non specific colitis - it flares up every so often still but was once a daily debilitating occurrence - and I still can't eat certain food types because they make me quite ill. I am sorry to hear Dom is having these problems but to be honest it will probably be a case of not eating certain food stuffs wheat or Dairy and other lifestyle changes. His Dr will be best able to give the right advice.

Regards and best wishes to you both.

Neil

I'm natalie.

Thanks Neil, at the moment he is struggling with food, although we went out for Sunday lunch today and Greg came with us, Judging by the way he scoffed his dinner, he wasn't to fussed lololololol no but he will find out in a couple of weeks. We both think it might be a food intolerance, ie dairy or gluten, but I was curious to know if there is any supplement he could take.

Natalie

I'm Andrew.

Vitamins are going to be irrelevant because you absorb them and recycle them in your stomach and lower intestines and illeum (and a few other bits) if you have IBS/Chrones etc you cant absorb them properly. You might want to be thinking about screening out certain foods. Try alcohol/wheat & diary based products, see if this helps.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie NWA View Post
    Dom had a blood test for crones and coeliacs,

Cheers Natalie
    I would wait until the blood test results are in so that crones and coeliac are ruled out.

Then start looking at food intolerances, supplements wont help with that it is eliminating what causes the problem that helps the symptoms and it takes months.

When I had Acid reflux that was unbearable it was eventually found to be caused by mainly wheat, dairy, peas and a few other things.
    I had been eating Weetabix with Milk for 40 years

Yorktest has some good tests as used by private food intolerance consultants etc, expensive but can help solve it:
    http://www.yorktest.com/products/#fi...indicator-test

If Dom goes down that route stump up the money for the full test as its worth it.

Hope he gets it sorted as feeling rough after food is no fun.

I'm natalie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Grant View Post
    I would wait until the blood test results are in so that crones and coeliac are ruled out.

Then start looking at food intolerances, supplements wont help with that it is eliminating what causes the problem that helps the symptoms and it takes months.

When I had Acid reflux that was unbearable it was eventually found to be caused by mainly wheat, dairy, peas and a few other things.
    I had been eating Weetabix with Milk for 40 years

Yorktest has some good tests as used by private food intolerance consultants etc, expensive but can help solve it:
    http://www.yorktest.com/products/#fi...indicator-test

If Dom goes down that route stump up the money for the full test as its worth it.

Hope he gets it sorted as feeling rough after food is no fun.
    I have mentioned this to Dom before, I have an hiatus hernia and patches and legions on my stomach, I want to do this test myself. It got to be worth shelling out the cost. We are going to wait for the results, and take it from their, but I was curious to see whether other people had any problems and how theory have helped their diets. We are both grazers, but Dom is slowly cutting out dairy, gluten and wheat. But it is so difficult, I was on a gluten and wheat free diet a few years ago, but it was horrid and very expensive. Like you said, we need to wait for the results.

Natalie

I'm Confused.

Some years ago I started having bad indigestion that the usual OTC remedies failed to relieve much and this culminated in violent stomach cramps so bad that from Thursday through Tuesday I was in agony, only took sips of water and lost nearly a stone (6kgs for the younger ones ). I took the YorkTest route and it came back with several positive intolerances. Armed with the results I went to see my GP but he was very unimpressed, saying that virtually everyone is intolerant to a greater or lesser degree to many foods and my results were insignificant.
    He then arranged for me to have a video camera shoved down my throat in hospital and that confirmed 'mild chronic gastritis' - all I can say is if those stomach cramps were 'mild' I should hate to get it bad .
    I still suffer with chronic gastritis 10 years later, the only time I'm not aware of the gastritis is for a couple of hours maximum after meals, but it is kept tolerable by twice daily prescriptions for Omeprazole or Ranitidine.
    Don't know why I've posted all this except perhaps to ask you (Dom) not necessarily to expect to get answers to your problems and you may have to learn to live with it without being able to put anything more than a very general name to it. However I do wish you luck with it and hope it turns out to be something simple and easily countered.
    ATB,
    Dave.
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

+ Reply to Thread