+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AntonioJ's current setup

I'm Antonio.

Default AntonioJ's current setup

Hello everyone,
    I'm -at this time- posting some doubts on speakers placement, so I thought I'd better post my pictures first.

Well, this is my listening place: a corner in my living room, music & hardware to one side, full bookshelves on the opposite (not seen).

The void space is where the comfy armchair comes in when not in use for listening.
    I know you'd guess there's a web of cables on the back of the furniture, but -believe me - it's quite neat now: I've run the mains cables along the wood legs, leaving an uncluttered space for the signal cables to develop. Yes, those see are some Kimber Silver Streak from the DACs to the amplifier.

Left and right, the Audio Note Ks; from top to bottom, the Audion Sterling ETSE (my lovely 12w british); the Caiman+, the Meier Corda StageDAC (which I alternate every now and then), the Micromega Stage 6 and the NAD 412 tuner, which I keep from the earlier days.

Kimber, XLO and JPS Labs cables, plus a homemade silver interconnect from the tuner to the converter.

I throw in a carpet or two, depending on recordings, in front of the speakers to minimise floor reverb.

Explanation as to the K's placement (180º turn and tilt) is in the general forum.
    Thank you for comments !
    EERA DL2 | Wadia 15 | MFA V2 | Pass Aleph 3 | Darling 1626 | Audio Note J | Magnepan SMGa
    Aktyna DynARIS | XLO | Nagys Audio | Anti-Cables (speakers) | Hamlet | Kimber | JPS Cable | DHLabs

I'm Jason.

That's a tidy set up Antonio, I like the hi fi stand too very nice.

Jason.

I'm John.

Such a beautiful set-up and a lovely room to boot. Nice one!

I'm ILOB.

Nice CD collection too
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Dave.

Beautiful room Antonio. I love the wooden floor and the amp stand. It looks like Mango wood? Very nice...
    In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

Street photography

Dave

I'm Rich.

That's a lovely room and nice to see all those CD's so proudly displayed. I'm not familiar with your system but if it is as well thought out as your room then it must give you much enjoyment. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Rich
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm James.

Lovely and cosy looking room.

I admire the way you organised your components and furniture. It has added so much ambience; looked very class.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Beautiful room Antonio, I could certainly relax in there and listen to music

I love the picture bottom centre with the red border too.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Antonio.

Thank you very much for your kind comments. The stand is made of solid teak wood (quite hefty) the drawings are another of my hobbies: painting (not mine! - someone else's).
    Cheers,
    EERA DL2 | Wadia 15 | MFA V2 | Pass Aleph 3 | Darling 1626 | Audio Note J | Magnepan SMGa
    Aktyna DynARIS | XLO | Nagys Audio | Anti-Cables (speakers) | Hamlet | Kimber | JPS Cable | DHLabs

I'm Nobody.

I have a Micromega Stage upgraded to top spec, great players but unfortoonatully i don't bother with CD anymore hence it be resigned it to thur great store room of CDee players in the sky in my lock up with many high grade players ..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast