+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AntonioJ's current setup

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonioJ View Post
    I know you'd guess there's a web of cables on the back of the furniture,

Ha! - that looks perfect already - you should see my cable spaghetti!!

Lovely looking system, I do like AN K speakers.

Valencia? - a really lovely city - I lived in Spain for 2 years, about 50Km south of Valencia, on the outskirts of a small village called Barxeta, not far from Xativa. A beautiful part of the world.
    Last edited by jandl100; 18-01-2013 at 07:20.

MartinT Guest

Nice room, Antonio.

I'm Shaun.

I'm lovin that amplifier. One of my alltime favourites. I adore the EL34 valve and single ended is just sublime. I also love Audio Note speakers which are a match made in heaven.

I'm Antonio.

Thank you !
    Jerry, I know the place you mention: Barxeta. Being a railway modeller and enthusiast, this is a nice area where a narrow gauge british-built railway once existed, with a winding track accross the mountains. Nice place, yes!
    Regards
    EERA DL2 | Wadia 15 | MFA V2 | Pass Aleph 3 | Darling 1626 | Audio Note J | Magnepan SMGa
    Aktyna DynARIS | XLO | Nagys Audio | Anti-Cables (speakers) | Hamlet | Kimber | JPS Cable | DHLabs

I'm Antonio.

Updated. The NAD tuner went in favour of the Cyrus FM7.5 (acquired at a very nice price). Gained neutrality.
    The Meier StageDAC is for sale replaced by the Wadia 15. The Caiman+ is on temporary loan to a friend.
    Audio Note K's on Target mass-loaded stands.
    Two of my venerable LP sleeves hung behind.

Cheers!
    EERA DL2 | Wadia 15 | MFA V2 | Pass Aleph 3 | Darling 1626 | Audio Note J | Magnepan SMGa
    Aktyna DynARIS | XLO | Nagys Audio | Anti-Cables (speakers) | Hamlet | Kimber | JPS Cable | DHLabs

I'm Dave.

I do love your little wooden cabinet Antonio. I look at my black steel monolith and yearn for something similar with a bit of character.
    In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

Street photography

Dave

I'm Andy.

Great looking system - the previous arrangement was too. Such a nice, relaxing looking room.

MartinT Guest

Nicely framed LP sleeves, Antonio. I should do something similar really.

I'm Andy.

Lovely looking room there Antonio, big AN fanboy here, the Ks are lovely speakers.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Antonio.

Default Darling amplification 1626 + 717A

Hello all,
    don't want to look like a curator, but I've been changing amps recently just to check performance with the Magnepans basically.
    Do any of you have some experience to share with this amp topology ? I'm completely ignorant with this...
    I recently acquired a valve stage equipped with 2x pentodes 717A (Western Electric) and 2x triodes 1626 (RCA) and their corresponding SE transformers (from Ask Jan First), based in a circuit by Gerd Reinhöfer. 0,75wpc !!

My speakers are the Audio Note and the Magnepan SMGa, both quite different, both 90dB efficient..., so I dared connect the stage (remember: 3/4 of a watt!) to the Magnepans (I said, "ok, if something has to be damaged, I prefer it to be the Maggies"), using the Wadia 15 as a preamp (digital vol).
    The huge surprise was that the rig sounds, and marvelously, I need to add...!!

Sound is BIG, hardly second harmonic distortion traces and not consistently. Clear detailed, SE three-dimensional.., a very confidential sound; real piano tones, nice vocals, sinks into blurr with big orchestral sound..., betters the Audion EL34 in many camps...
    ...Cosa: Magnepans (smaller) CAN sing with hardly 1 watt at 300€ !!!! Astounding.
    Just for your reference: manufacturer: http://www.awiller.de/main/index.php...d=54&Itemid=47
    Darling documentation in http://www.oocities.org/timessquare/1965/darling.PDF and http://www.roehrentechnik.de/html/darling.html
    Greetings,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast