+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nick Gorham Dac

I'm Lee.

Default Nick Gorham Dac

Anyone know if this is available to buy anywhere?
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / FR64s / Lab 12 Melto / Denon SUT / Ortofon GM SPU. Vinyl rig 2 Mono Set Up - Lenco GL75 c/w Jelco 750D / AT33 Mono / EAR 834P Modded. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Fanless Mini PC / Lampizator TRP / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Furutech Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I have a prototype. I believe Nick is working on a new dac, not sure when it will be released. It will probably be sold through MCRU.

I'm Lee.

Thanks for that
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / FR64s / Lab 12 Melto / Denon SUT / Ortofon GM SPU. Vinyl rig 2 Mono Set Up - Lenco GL75 c/w Jelco 750D / AT33 Mono / EAR 834P Modded. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Fanless Mini PC / Lampizator TRP / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Furutech Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I'd suggest PM'ing him, or I can get in touch for you.

I'm Nick.

The build of the prototype is in progress as I type. The digital board is built and working, and 50% of the software is written. Its connected to the previous version analogue stage at the moment and sounding very nice if I say so myself. The analogue/power supply board is next, just need to populate the board and test. Then the input selector/display board. PCB ordered, will be here next week.Finally getting the metalwork done. My play tonight was to spend some time with the CAD program getting the design down.

The digital board is waiting on the USB input daughter board, I plan to use this at first (or forever if its as good as it should be).

http://amanero.com/

At the moment the DAC I plan to use (AK3496) only goes to 192/24, but anything is possible. This is the prototype digital board.

Nick.

I'm Confused.

Hi Nick and Ali,
    Some weeks ago I took part in a GB for the Amanero board on RG forum. At the moment I'm waiting for Amanero to bring out the intended DAC for this item but knowing nowt about such things I'm frothing at the mouth for the next development so mine is still untouched in it's jiffy bag at the moment. I will be watching developments on Nick's project with great interest.
    Cheers,
    Dave.
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Aye me too, one of these will be my next dac.

I'm Confused.

Probably a bit early ATM but is there any idea of likely price band?
    Dave.
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Not sure Dave, Nick will advise I'm sure.

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    I believe Nick is working on a new dac,

Sounds interesting especially as its usb
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast