+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: High output MC carts

I'm Mikkel.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    It looks like a good one to try for certain.

What does output voltage matter on these carts.. I mean the Shure V15 was 3.5mv and the Dynavector is 2.5mv and a Decca Gold is 5mv!...

So what gives in sound quality or is it just more or less volume?
    It should be no big deal IŽd say. The Croft seem to have some 1.7mV sensitivity on the phono input and on top sports substantial gain - I wouldnŽt worry unless you are having gain/volume issues already.

As for sound quality, I suspect nothing.

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Bird View Post
    Hi Joe
    I'm just wondering why the mention of Low compliance!, what does this have to do with High Output MC! or im i missing something?

However the only High output MC's ive used are Denon 'DL110', 'DL160' & Mayware 'MC7V'.. The latter of which i still have & will get tipped when funds allow
    Oh, sorry... my fault.

I'm wanting to go to a higher compliance cart, see what the arm likes best. So I've been recommended the MC1 or MC3 to try but just wondered which others would be good to try.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Nobody.

Nein they are both low compliance!
    Last edited by Rare Bird; 11-01-2013 at 18:53.

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by Riislingen View Post
    It should be no big deal IŽd say. The Croft seem to have some 1.7mV sensitivity on the phono input and on top sports substantial gain - I wouldnŽt worry unless you are having gain/volume issues already.

As for sound quality, I suspect nothing.
    Cheers man..
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Bird View Post
    Nein they are both low compliance!
    Gah..!!?? - Got wrong end of t' mucky stick there then...!

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

I'm Alan.

I had a Dynavector 10 x 5 for a few years and I thoroughly enjoyed it, it was agile and revealing, I thought it was good value for money.

regards Al
    My system,

Cartridges Lyra Delos, Audio Technica AT33EVmc, AT 24 mm
    Turntable Thorens TD 124 Mk2, in a Jim Campbel plinth,Audio Technica 1503 Mk3 arm
    CD player Technics SL-PG490
    Cassette deck Yamaha KX 530
    Moving Coil Amp Albarry MCA 11
    Pre-amplifier Albarry AP 11 (battery powered)
    Power amps Albarry M1108 Mono-blocs
    Speakers Allison 3 Corner units, Allison 6 stand mounted cubes
    Interconnects AVT Matrix 6 and OFC short ones
    Mains distribution Music Works Recoil 6 gang and mains leads
    Tables MusicWorks ReVo acrylic stand, Quadraspire Acrylic shelves (cryo'd legs) acrylic Response Mini under mains block.
    Speaker cable Chord Rumour (Cryo'd)
    RCM Okki Nokki
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1586...homepage_panel

I'm Josie.

Hi Alan.

How is the Audio technica AT24 on the 124?

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

I'm Geoff.

I didn't like the high output Ortofons, the MC1 in particular was very unrefined to say the least. Same applies to the Sumiko BP. I found the Denon DL-110 reasonable, but a bit bright and breezy, the dearer DL-160 was much better and sounded very pleasant, the Dynavector 10X in its various versions over the years has always been good too.

I'm Josie.

Thanks very much all... All the best.

Joe

I'm Dominic.

I have a few high out put denons here that I plan to experiment on with better cantilevers and tips so one may be up for grabs once I have done my Frankenstein bit on them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast