+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: USB Cables, your experience and opinion?

I'm Andrew.

That price is completely unjustified and that is even before other members carp on about dealer margins, price of assembly, price of resources, blah blah blah. Nearly seven grand for a USB cable is complete and utterly stupid, it's this sort of stupid prices which make me to want to say to the stupid companies which try and sell them, really seven grand for a cable, that's f'kin stupid.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Bernie.

It's not stupid, it's financial rape!!
    Bernie.

I'm fuckoff.

I think we might be telling half the story here.

Perhaps the DAC that the USB is linking to has something to do with the sound/effect the USB can have. Might not be the case, but I can't say for sure.

My M-dac is asynchronous and I've tried some very posh USB cables, never heard a difference from the cheaper ones. I don't think that's the reality for every DAC and setup.

BTW, can someone link me to a USB cable that is definitely compliant with our standards please?

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    If the USB lead has been designed according to the official specification then it will work as it should do But in many cases Chinese manufacturers are being asked to make the lead cheaper, which results in cost cutting measures. The final result is a lead that doesn't conform. The first sign of that is a slower transfer speed.
    +1

If a cable conforms to the USB spec, there won't be any data transmission errors. If the cable does conform to specs, I'm not clear why magic pixie dust will improve the sound, over say, a qood quality HP USB printer cable!.
    Technics SL1210| Jelco SA-750| Benz Micro ACE SM MC| Squeezebox Touch/MCRU linear PSU | Cambridge Audio 851C | High Resolution Music Streamer II+ / Linestreamer+ | Raspberry Pi 2/IQ-Audio DAC+ / Max2Play | Conrad-Johnson ET3 Control Amplifier| Conrad-Johnson LP125sa KT120 Power Amplifier| Avalon NP Evo 2.0 Speakers| Cardas Audio Quadlink-5C Speaker Cables and Interconnects| Finite Elemente Pagode Signature E-14 equipment support

My best USB lead is one that came with a Canon scanner. In fact, the scanner is in itself an excellent USB lead testing platform. It just won't scan if the transfer rate of a lead under test is too slow.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Canetoad View Post
    It's not stupid, it's financial rape!!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm tony.

From personal experience I can recommend a supra usb over a couple of Belkin cables. It sounds better to my ears in my system/room.
    My own experience in conjunction with a few other AOS troops whilst having a wee get together confirmed that usb cables can and do make a noticeable difference in a revealing set up.
    The get together was written up at the time.....all present were taken aback by the difference a TQ USB lead made in a great set up.
    ones and zeros-get some leads and fellow members together,you may be surprised!!!

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    From personal experience I can recommend a supra usb over a couple of Belkin cables. It sounds better to my ears in my system/room.
    My own experience in conjunction with a few other AOS troops whilst having a wee get together confirmed that usb cables can and do make a noticeable difference in a revealing set up.
    The get together was written up at the time.....all present were taken aback by the difference a TQ USB lead made in a great set up.
    ones and zeros-get some leads and fellow members together,you may be surprised!!!
    wot he said.

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuggie View Post
    There is a comparison review of USB cables of different makes and lengths in the latest HiFi Critic, with some interesting results. I don't have the mag to hand, but it's worth reading.
    Furutech GT2 USB was well reviewed as was the new Supra USB.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaGTV View Post
    OK, so a "better" USB cable CAN make an improvement SQ wise...
    In most peoples opinion anyway!

@Dalek Supreme D L
    I am not familiar with the WireWorld range of products, care to elaborate on the cost of each cable i relation ot their SQ improvement?

Regards //Mike
    Start of is about £45 for 1m. There is a full range of prices at the end of the review and if you Google Wireworld many suppliers will come up. Here is one http://www.futureshop.co.uk/wireworl...l#.UPSSKCc02So

I am surprised you haven't heard of them fairly big American company. Here is a link to the UK distributor http://www.wireworldcable.co.uk/

Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast