+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: USB Cables, your experience and opinion?

I'm Marc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mains Cables R Us View Post
    Here, here! Or should that be hear, hear!

Actually yes it should, the phrase is an abbreviation of 'Hear him, hear him!'

AlphaGTV, I think those interferences you mention don't matter as long as there's enough voltage to represent the 1 and a long enough gap without a voltage to represent the 0 is recognisable then the 'code' can be reconstructed.

Realistically the clocking of the DAC is the only place that any differences are likely to be generated. It's true that USB is generally a rather unsuitable protocol for high precision realtime audio transfer. If your DAC is externally clocked then it's unlikely that the USB cable will make any difference.

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    or using an ifi Audio (AMR) iUSB power, this is a major improvement, shockingly so.
    I couldn't resist...my iFi iUSB power arrived on Saturday

So the set up is SBTouch (EDO) USB/Bekin passive hub (still required)/iFi supplied USB cable/iFi iUSB/Kinmer 0.5M USB/M-DAC (A.10)...

So the iFi iUSB has replaced my 'danish' USB isolator, N.B. it's still necessary to use a hub with the SBTouch (USB 1 to 2 conversion).

I'm impressed, there's a noticeable improvement in detail & clarity, even with a non USB powered DAC

Cheers for the tip Neil...
    Last edited by WAD62; 04-03-2013 at 08:46.
    Cheers, Will

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567