+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIY bi-wire speaker links

I'm Peter.

The answer to diy bi wiring was speaker cable between the posts on the speaker itself. Seems to work just fine.

Thanks all for your help. Food for thought for improvements down the line.

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by freddiecas View Post
    the problem with these is a live plug sticks out the side of the inserted plug, if the sockets are very close together the 2 plugs could rotate so that speaker + and - could touch shorting out the amp. If you look at the pic in my post above the second plug goes in the end of the first plug so that situation could not happen and everything stays insulated.
    The outside of the banana plug should be the ground connection so if they touched it shouldn't matter that much. You could always put a bit of tape around them.

The ones in your link don't look like they've been built with audio quality in mind

Simon.
    System 1: Marantz CD6000OSE, Beresford TC-7520, Marantz PM6010OSE, QED QNect II interconnect, Dual CS505 Mk3 turntable with Audiotechnica AT110E cartridge, Denon DRM-700A cassette deck, biwired B&W 685 S2 speakers on sand-filled Atacama SE24 supports.
    System 2: Marantz M-CR610, JPW Gold Monitors, Chord C-Screen speaker cables, NAS drive.
    System 3 (portable): Cayin N3
    My website: Foxysounds website
    My music: Foxysounds music

Quote Originally Posted by foxysounds View Post
    The outside of the banana plug should be the ground connection so if they touched it shouldn't matter that much.
    outside ground??
    one banana plug is ground but the other is speaker hot, and the sockets on old Quads are so close together it is quite possible to short out with side inserted plugs.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Are you thinking of an interconnect phono?

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Are you thinking of an interconnect phono?
    Oops! Yes I was. Sorry!

Simon.
    System 1: Marantz CD6000OSE, Beresford TC-7520, Marantz PM6010OSE, QED QNect II interconnect, Dual CS505 Mk3 turntable with Audiotechnica AT110E cartridge, Denon DRM-700A cassette deck, biwired B&W 685 S2 speakers on sand-filled Atacama SE24 supports.
    System 2: Marantz M-CR610, JPW Gold Monitors, Chord C-Screen speaker cables, NAS drive.
    System 3 (portable): Cayin N3
    My website: Foxysounds website
    My music: Foxysounds music

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12