+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Sugden A21 Integrated Amp

I'm Phil.

Default FS: Sugden A21 Integrated Amp

Fascia is unmarked and the wood casing is in very clean condition with only a slight dink to one corner (see pics). Serviced by amplabs in 2011, including fitment of new PSU board (see amplabs website for details of A21 service). A separate on/off switch has been fitted to replace worn original contacts within the volume pot. All work performed to a very high standard.

Patrick @ Sugden (helpful fellow!) has confirmed that this is a series 3 model, rated at 20W per channel, against 10W pc for the earlier series 1.

Overall excellent condition, £195 inc UPS courier delivery within mainland UK.

Happy to dem in Oxted, Surrey

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Your A21 is in beautiful condition Philip.

Many years ago I built myself an A21; I knew someone who knew Jim Sugden, so was able to get hold of the circuit boards, components and transformer for me. Used it with the Sugden C51 preamp, but sold both to a friend as I found it had insufficient power to run into Quad ESLs.

£195 including carriage is an absolute bargain for an A21 in such good condition.

Best of luck with the sale.
    Barry

I'm Shane.

Looks nice!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Yes, a nice little amp. I have one which I modded to have two RCA inputs on the back. Cheap way if you fancy trying a class a amp.

I'm Phil.

Thanks for the positive comments gents.

Patrick @ Sugden states that this is a MkIII, so it has less true Class A output than the early MK1. The upside is a higher output of 20W and a cooler running amp.

+ Reply to Thread