+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Quad Help!

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom472 View Post
    Code:
    There are some new Vishay BC Components Capacitors that are suitable on e bay at about £15 including postage at the moment. (I have no assosiation with that sale of course).
    Looks like a good deal, and at least you know they're defo going to fit. Only 10mF rather than 15mF and double the ESR I believe for those caps as compared to the BHC's though.

Tom
    Standard 405 has 10,000 uF capacitors so thats OK and I guess that their ESR is probably better that the original.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I replaced the 7,000uF Mallory computer grade caps in my bridged Crowns with 22,000uF Visahay BHC's from Farnell (I don't have a trade account and over £20 is free postage). No turn on surges that I can see and no other troubles at all. The Crowns are so carefully VI limited all over (due to their cold running role in studios) that any sonic advantage in these caps is probably well hidden. The Quad 405 with mk2 current limiting or Dada replacement boards may be more able to justify the expense, although £12 - £15 each or so isn't expensive IMO for low ESR ones.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920