+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A neighbour you wish would move!?

I'm Ron.

Default A neighbour you wish would move!?

I think most people have this particular wish at some stage or other? Just before the start of the Christmas holidays a neighbour's house burnt down, no it was not me and a box of matches, strangely enough the kids were nice but their parents were outright slobs. The type that open up a can of bake beans and then chuck the can out into the back yard this literally did happen on more than one occasion so their next door neighbour told me. The house fire completely gutted the house and part of their next door neighbours house and the fire department put the final touch by, necessarily, having to high pressure hose everything. The place is now, sadly, an eyesore with ruined furnishing dumped on the outside front of house.

Why am I relating all this? TO HAMMER HOME THAT ELECTRICITY IN THE WRONG HANDS IS SO VERY VERY LETHAL AND DANGEROUS!!!!!!

The above man of the house, he who chucks used bake bean cans out of the back door, decided to buy a power shower of the El Cheapo and unknown brand and decided to install it himself inspite of the fact that his only experience with electricity was to turn the telly on or switch the lights on or off. He wired the the power shower switch directly into a 13amp wiring circuit, without fuse protection to boot, switched on and flash bang wallop, he and family were homeless at 10:20am a couple of days before Christmas

Does anyone else here have a neighbour they'd wish would move or is it just me being uncharitable?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Living in a detached house, in its own grounds, one tends not to have those problems...

Seriously though, what a careless dim-witted FUCKWIT that guy is!!! I suppose at least no-one was killed....

I'll relate some stories later, from when we lived in Glasgow and had some serious fookwits living next to us......!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

I've always been luck with neighbours except one wanker who like to do DIY at 7 am in the morning on weekends - (he'd be finished by nine am) fortunately he moved away. Seems to me the posher the area the worse the neighbours are, particularly for moaning about music being played too loud. I always take care to live in slum areas in order to avoid this
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm john.

I don't get on with any of our neighbours. All Piss artists. and arseholes. Our downstairs neighbour is a Lesbian and I don't paricularly enjoy listening to her and her partner having it off most nights. Upstairs is a complete idiot. Comes in every night about midnight and blasts out music till 2am. Had the cheek to get police out when I had sounds on during the day. I've tried everything to get a new house from council but nothing. One good thing is we have no Junkies.
    John.

I'm Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I've always been luck with neighbours except one wanker who like to do DIY at 7 am in the morning on weekends - (he'd be finished by nine am) fortunately he moved away. Seems to me the posher the area the worse the neighbours are, particularly for moaning about music being played too loud. I always take care to live in slum areas in order to avoid this

Oh for the days of inner city living and ghetto blasters, Martin Or, howza about the young kid next door with his first drum kit and Keith Moon aspirations?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by sparrow View Post
    Our downstairs neighbour is a Lesbian and I don't paricularly enjoy listening to her and her partner having it off most nights.
    Could you record it next time?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by sparrow View Post
    I don't get on with any of our neighbours. All Piss artists. and arseholes. Our downstairs neighbour is a Lesbian and I don't paricularly enjoy listening to her and her partner having it off most nights. Upstairs is a complete idiot. Comes in every night about midnight and blasts out music till 2am. Had the cheek to get police out when I had sounds on during the day. I've tried everything to get a new house from council but nothing. One good thing is we have no Junkies.
    A lorra lorra ticklin' going on there John?

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzBones View Post
    A lorra lorra ticklin' going on there John?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Could you record it next time?

Marco.
    Kinda thinking it may be fun...! Do ya think we could watch 8-)

synsei Guest

The 2010 Christmas hols were a nightmare for us and the other residents of our little close. On Boxing day evening the underground electricity cable feeding the street blew a gasket and plunged the entire street into darkness. On top of that, a couple of days before Christmas our gas boiler committed suicide just as our landlord was flying out to India to spend the festive season with his family, and as I am sure you recall, all this during one of the most vicious cold snaps on record. Eon, bless their little hearts, fumbled the ball and left our little community without leccy for nearly three weeks and our gas boiler took even longer to fix. At the time it was traumatic for all concerned, however the Dunkirk spirit set in and the entire community stepped up to the mark, except for our next door neighbour.

Now, this chap lives on his own and he is weird beyond belief. He owns a cat called Cheese; yes, I said CHEESE. He often shouts at this cat late at night for doing things that it could not possibly have done, like moving his glasses for instance. One time we were woken up at just gone three in the morning by him chastising his moggy for leaving the cooker on Frankly, he is a sandwich short of a picnic. Anyhoo, I digress:

It became apparent as we were all out watching Eon personnel digging up the street at stupid o'clock, that both ourselves and Mister Bonkers next door were the only two households in the street with gas hobs, so doing the neighbourly thing as you do, we kept everyone supplied with hot drinks that evening and made our cooking facilities available to those who were all electric for the duration of the works.

So, what of Mr Bonkers, I hear you ask? He marched out with a steaming cup of hot chocolate on the night the leccy supply went down loudly proclaiming for all to hear that he had working cooking facilities and that the entire street could go take a running jump for all he cared. On top of all that he has recently begun to steal my kids toys out of our garden and letch at my 16 and 18 year old stepdaughters. When I see him next I am going to tear him a new arsehole...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast