+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgrating 32 bit Vista to Windows 7

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Martin would be the best one to ask that, I have only trialled it and am still running 7 at the moment, but that's about to change. It's not just for tablets, it's a very fast O/S and once you get used to the Metro style it is quite intuitive - looks cool too. I found it a little odd at first, but only due to it being a different interface. I do think however they should have released two versions of 8 a tablet one and a PC one, but that's just me.

If you are not sure yet, what you should do is download and ISO image and keep it until you are ready to install it, as the offer expires on 31st Jan. That's what I intend on doing and then install it when ready. I just built a new PC, but have a couple of programs that apparently don't like 8, but I shall test them on a spare drive. If they work then I will go over to 8 as I like it and I need to understand it for work.

If you have a read through the Windows 8 thread there's lots in there;

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...indows&page=12
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Andy.

Thanks for the replies.

I will have a look at the options.

Currently I have had problems with an Windows Driver Upgrade that simply will not configure correctly when I reboot (7 unsuccessful attempts now at an hour a time can't be sustained) and have had to 'hide' it now.

PC is now running very slow and Microsoft want £70 to sort it out as Vista is now no longer supported beyond the upgrades.

So upgrading to Windows 7 looks to be the sensible option, or would my existing problems be carried over?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12