+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: {New speaker cable suggestions pls

I'm Ben.

Very tempted to give the "twist" a try given the comments on here and it's cost. I only need 2 x 2m un terminated lengths, do AOS have a fav stockist for cables?
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Nigel.

Ben,

Happy to loan you a 2mtr teminated pair if you cover the postage, if you like them we can do a deal, if not , just return them.

Nigel

I'm Ben.

That's a very kind offer Nigel and one I will gladly accept. .il pm you over some details in the morning.

Thanks again.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Steve.

Had both of the TQ cables and the cheaper blue is the more musical presentation of the two. I do honestlly feel a lot of bulsh is written and spoken about with regards to cables. I feel well qualified to comment as over the years i have spent pounds and pounds on the stuff. I have a flight case full of Kimber, Chord company, QED, Audioquest, Belkin, Supra et al. All of which have different sonic signatures so i use them as tuning devices.
    I agree as i usually do with David and suggest you keep the cable you have in place. A good AOS member to speak to about this subject is Harry when he is not sucking Mandleson's lemons. If you still fancy new speaker cables following our rantings i would suggest you give Mark Grant a call. he's the man.

I'm Mike.

+1 reg. Black Rhodium Twist
    +1 also reg. TQ Blue

Bought some metres of both from David (MainsCables R Us) and they were very much beyond expectations. Prefer the Blue in my system but the BRT sure as h@ll is no slouch!
    Both bettered my Harmonic Tech Pro 11 Plus at some £500 per pair.

Regards //Mike

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Well I'm going to buck the 'flavour of the month' trend and suggest Van Damme Professional Studio Grade Blue Series as an alternative to TQ (which IMHO is overpriced) and betters Black Rhodium even when sold at only £3.50 a metre (again, IMHO).

Mark Grant does terminated or unterminated in any length you wish and does the black stuff too.

I personally use the blue (12AWG) cable and love it, very neutral letting you hear the music without colouration and its build quality is also very good. I think many people dismiss it purely because its such good value, I mean how can a cheap cable be any good? Harbeth use Van Damme blue for the internal wiring in many of their range and to my understanding its in my SHL5's, although I haven't taken the back off to physically check this, but have seen internal post production photographs clearly showing the Van Damme cable - so for me this is enough of a recommendation and I love how it sounds too. I would rather spend the money on buying more music
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Gary.

TQ Black is my fit n forget for an all Rega system.
    Its not the most expensive cable I've tried but it is the best. YMMV

I'm Neil.

Tellurium Q cables do too much to the sound in my experience, well for my personal tastes... lots of people love them.

For some no-nonsense cable I would look at the Van Damme LC-OFC cable (similar to the Hitachi stuff), which uses ultra-pure copper with 'linear crystal' construction, leading to a subjectively less grainy sound than normal copper.

Am not sure how the NVA cable sounds with a class A valve amp, but I've had great results from LS1 and LS3 cables & did prefer these to Tellurium Q Black.

Further up the market I would also consider some LFD speaker cable, it's all very good.
    Last edited by Yomanze; 13-01-2013 at 12:35.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Gary.

main thing is to listen with your own ears in your own system if you can.
    David at MCRU, Mark Grant and others offer try before you buy (I think) so hear as many asyou can.

better that than a drawer full of cables youve tried and not liked. (checks drawer...yup)

I'm Neil.

Pretty much spot-on Gaz. I know all of the recommended cables can be demoed or purchased on 30 day sale or return.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast