+ Reply to Thread

Thread: mains cable query - tv

I'm Ben.

Default mains cable query - tv

In the past iv noticed an improvement in sound after replacing the power cables to various amps. However would I notice an improvement in the picture quality of my new tv if I was to again change the freebie power cable?

Do remembers have any experience of this at all or any recommendations for leads maybe?

Looking forward to hearing any and all thoughts

Cheers

Ben
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm martin.

I fitted a spare aftermarket cable to my telly just before xmas, i thought it sharpened the picture but maybe it's the placebo effect. I couldn't see it making anything worse.
    Please take good care of your S2k keep it by your side for long and enjoy it from the bottom of your heart and share the quality and legacy of the S2k with many friends so that the legend of the S2k will continue for long. Shigeru Uehara Designer Honda S2000.

I'm Richard.

Presumably you could take before & after photos and compare them.

- Richard.
    Last edited by Richard Kimber; 04-01-2013 at 20:07. Reason: typo
    Pioneer N-50; Lakewest MDAC Premium Fusion; Benchmark AHB2; Quad ESL 2805s; 2xAE subwoofers; Isotek GII Sigmas

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidburg View Post
    In the past iv noticed an improvement in sound after replacing the power cables to various amps. However would I notice an improvement in the picture quality of my new tv if I was to again change the freebie power cable?

Do remembers have any experience of this at all or any recommendations for leads maybe?

Looking forward to hearing any and all thoughts

Cheers

Ben
    I did. Cut the mains close to the TV, yes it was unplugged
    Put in a female IEC then a Kimber HC.
    Tested a vanilla lead and the Kimber. Noticeable difference on my Panasonic 36" CRT
    If TV was a priority I'd try MCRUs no.9 or a lower version. Speak nicely to David and he might let you try one out !
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    I did. Cut the mains close to the TV, yes it was unplugged
    Put in a female IEC then a Kimber HC.
    Tested a vanilla lead and the Kimber. Noticeable difference on my Panasonic 36" CRT
    If TV was a priority I'd try MCRUs no.9 or a lower version. Speak nicely to David and he might let you try one out !
    Thanks for your replay dude,

I will drop david a PM and see if he can offer me a demo.

cheers,
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

If Im honest I cant see anything obvious using my RA Yellow over the IEC lead my 50" PV50 Panasonic uses. certainly would borrow a decent lead before spending a load of dosh.
    Paul

Onkyo 875, Monitor Audio RX6 GW,Monitor audio RX centre GW,Monitor Audio BFX rears, REL QUAKE,Arcam CD73t CD ,Russ Andrews Yello mains cabling & PBJ interconnects,Sterling Black Mamba speaker cable.

I'm scott.

find the best thing to do with the mains cable these days is just unplug it out the wall socket.
    99% of Telly is just shite these days

odd thing worth watching
    http://devour.com/video/close-encoun...-a-polar-bear/

+ Reply to Thread