+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Aberdeen!

I'm Phil.

Default Hello from Aberdeen!

Hi, I've been a lurker here for a while but this is my first post. I discovered AoS when I heard the Ditton 66 system at Scalford a couple of years ago... I still want a pair!

My system is Naim - 202/200/CD5XS with Rega RS5's. I also have a Pink Triangle Export with a Linn Basik LVX and a Lyra Dorian and an LP12 with a Roksan Nima, Armageddon and AT33PTG. I don't listen to CD very much and use the Pink as my main deck.

Music wise I'll listen to anything good - I always like to be introduced to new music.

Anyway, enough rambling

I'm John.

Hi Phil and welcome to the Aos Forum.

Lyra Dorian cartridge, ditto, love it.

I'm ILOB.

Welcome to AOS Phil
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

MartinT Guest

Hello Phil and welcome to AoS. How long has the Pink been running? I always thought they were nice sounding decks.

I'm Phil.

Thanks folks. The Pink was an ebay buy about 4 years ago, it was black ash when I got it and it had a knackered bearing. I stripped it completely and took the plinth back to natural wood, it looks a million times better that way. I also got hold of an anniversary bearing to restore it to its former glory.

It's a great sounding deck - in truth the better arm is on the Linn and it would be logical to swap them over... if I could get hold of a Rega cut armboard for the P-T. That said, it sounds great as it is, the Linn is used so infrequently since the P-T arrived on the scene. I also had a Gyro but it didn't do much for me, the Pink is a keeper though :-)

MartinT Guest

Nice. How do you rate the Lyra versus the AT? I have a 33PTG myself, my backup cartridge.

+ Reply to Thread