+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Genesis 180grm vinyl issues for 2013

I'm John.

Sometimes I have to have it, whether vinyl or digital. IYKWIM.

I'm Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by prestonchipfryer View Post
    Cheers for the reminder. But not Wind and Wuthering? or is that coming later, I wonder.
    Maybe its just the Peter Gabriel era

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazil View Post
    Maybe its just the Peter Gabriel era
    Saw Genesis (Gabriel) in Bournemouth Winter Gardens, early 1970s. Made a lasting impression on me.

I'm Mike.

First went to see Genesis when they were the support band with Lindisfarne Saw them many times after that, my best mate did his ACL in playing football one Sat. afternoon, went to a Genesis concert at the Opera house in Manchester before going to A&E

Mike

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post

I still don't know why some of you chaps have issues with CD reproduction, sorry... Maybe I'm just lucky to have a really good player that gives me everything a top vinyl source gives me and more besides on a decent mastering..... Neither of my main speakers lack treble either, but they do have well designed crossovers with no obvious phase-harshness up top. Maybe that's what it is?
    Just put it down to you being a bit def Joking aside i can't stand CD anymore period regardless of what it maybe, but i do find Digital Remasters good on Vinyl. Im missed out on the last Genesis '1970-75' box set so you can imagine how excited i was when i saw these for sale

I'll probably be selling off my Jap CDee's at some point, well when ive located new Vinyl reissues to replace em that is..

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Are you happy that these vinyls may be from remixed masters (better sound I'm sure but not the same as original)?

Give us first refusal on the CD's should you sell 'em as my few are mostly from original CD issue and not always very good...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Nobody.

Emerson, Lake & Palmer are the best prog outfit easily IMHO but i like Gabes Genesis a lot, exceptional.
    Last edited by Alex_UK; 09-03-2013 at 17:04.

I'm Nobody.

'Trespass' arrived today, good quality heavy vinyl, the cover quality is good & has the card insert. Only thing that puzzles me is why they used the Pink Hatter label, whats the logic in re-issuing a re-issued label!!

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Bird View Post
    'Trespass' arrived today, good quality heavy vinyl, the cover quality is good & has the card insert. Only thing that puzzles me is why they used the Pink Hatter label, whats the logic in re-issuing a re-issued label!!
    Lack of attention to detail. Unforgivable considering the recent Fog On The Tyne reissue used pink scroll labels. Another problem with these is they are digital remixes. I recommend seeking out Classic Records reissues except Trespass which they didn't do. Mind they used blue hatter labels on the earlier titles!

I'm Nobody.

I'm aware they are 2008 jobbies but the Pink hatters i already have sound horrid.How can they not sound better in comparison?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast