+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 76 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY phonostage.

I'm Sandro.

Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, I'm not a member of that forum and cannot download files from it. If you could let me have a copy of the circuit diagram it would be much appreciated.
    sent you email to the office

RothwellAudio Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post
    sent you email to the office
    Received, thanks

I'm Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinunca1 View Post
    Bearing in mind the new price for a DCA Pro is north of £100 I have just bought a reconditioned one on EBay supplied by Peak for £78 inc postage. They had another three available. They may have some marks or scratches but of course are fully functional.
    I think at that price you might hope to recoup most of your costs if you decided to sell after the matching.
    My DCA Pro has arrived. Looks like new except very slight marks where the case halves were separated. I need to find my pc laptop now. Wish they would make the tester Mac compatible.

I'm Jez.

Now whet yer really need is a Tektronix 576
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Sandro.

Yup a 576 be nice but there is an alternative ... If one need to measure hi current output devices
    The DCA Pro is really nice clever gadget only snag for me is that it does not recognise Jfet pins
    It beats the old 75 as no more really expensive batteries that is enough to justify the upgrade

I'm Jez.

Yup a 576 be nice but there is an alternative ... If one need to measure hi current output devices
    The DCA Pro is really nice clever gadget only snag for me is that it does not recognise Jfet pins
    It beats the old 75 as no more really expensive batteries that is enough to justify the upgrade
    I make my own matching jigs here

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Sandro.

Willing to share this time ?
    If you show me yours I show you mine

One may goggle up Zhoufang (is that right?) curve tracer

I'm Jez.

Willing to share this time ?
    If you show me yours I show you mine

One may goggle up Zhoufang (is that right?) curve tracer
    Not sure if that's aimed at me but the ones I use are not curve tracers, just quickly knocked up on vero board and measure at one current only. That being the current at which I will operate the device at in the intended circuit. Being a manufacturer and wanting to earn a living from this () no I do not share anything really interesting/original/of use to rivals... as one would expect!

I'm Sandro.

WP_20170825_19_43_58_Pro.jpgWell then I am not going to show you this one

For all the nice peoples that do this for passion or just to stay out of troubles

A constant temperature (50C) rig to measure up Moss Fets
    Set up the pot (gate voltage ) to get a wanted current flowing through source and drain

A further Mossfet is used to warm up the plate and the Fan (CPU cooler)speed is regulated by a thermistor

I'm Alan.

My DCA75 pro also just arrived, very nice
    Ill have to dig out my bags of transistors and start testing again, I seem to remember hfe of 415 was the match I got for my first build but it took a few thousand transistors to achieve that

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 76 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast